Are you struggling to keep your focus? If there aren’t enough hours in the day, or your mind flits from one thing to another, these nine crystals may improve your attention span.
The ability to focus is crucial to your success. This is true whether you want to progress your career, learn new skills, be a better parent, or any other endeavour.
When your mind wanders, mistakes are made and your quality of work suffers. Problem solving becomes more difficult and a lack of progress can become frustrating.
This is where crystals can really help. By working through the upper chakras, crystals enhance your mental processes to give a sense of calm. The result of this healing energy is improved attention and focus.
Which are the Best Stones for Focus and Clarity?
1. Fluorite (Stone of Discernment and Aptitude)
Colour: Rainbow of Colours
Chakra: Heart, Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Germany, Switzerland, Mexico, Norway, USA, Britain, China, Peru
Fluorite is said to be the best crystal for mental focus. Born out of fluorescent minerals, this crystal has the unique power to bring order to chaos.
If you’re struggling with day-to-day activities and find you’re getting distracted, fluorite will help to improve your concentration. It heightens mental abilities and removes mental or creative blocks that can often be the cause of lack of focus.
When you’re studying, doing research or giving a presentation, fluorite will aid clear thinking and allow your mind to work effectively in stressful situations.
2. Clear Quartz (The Master Healer)
Clear quartz is all about clear thinking.
It’s a powerful healing gemstone used for centuries to enhance the energy of other crystals. But in its own right, clear quartz is wonderfully harmonising and can keep the mind balanced, focused and less distracted.
If you need focused attention on a project, want to decrease mental chatter, or sharpen your intellect to absorb and retain information more effectively, clear quartz is the crystal to use.
Tip for Buying Clear Quartz: When buying clear quartz to improve concentration, look for a crystal that’s clear rather than clouded.
3. Tiger’s Eye (Stone of the Mind)
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Root
Origin: Mexico, USA, South Africa, Australia, India, Brazil
Most of the crystals in this article are linked with the upper chakras. However, tiger’s eye, The Stone of the Mind, is also an important crystal for clarity and focus.
Tiger’s eye is affiliated with the Solar Plexus and Root Chakras. It has the unique ability to filter mental distractions and boost determination and attentiveness. Much like a tiger that never loses it focus when hunting, this crystal grants the wisdom to stay focused on your current task.
If you need confidence to reason through a decision and ensure your train of thought remains on the task, tiger’s eye is a good choice.
4. Sodalite (Harmonising Stone)
Colour: Blue with white flecks
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Greenland, Brazil, Romania, France, Canada, India, Namibia
Sodalite is my go-to crystal when I need to improve my memory, focus and organisational abilities. It’s known as the Student’s Stone for exactly these attributes.
But Sodalite is also good for enhancing intuition and personal perception of a project. This leads to increased understanding and keeps the mind free of distractions.
Additionally, sodalite can help you stay calm and focused during long meetings. Its ability to combine logic with intuition enhances your analysis or observations.
Tip for Using Sodalite: Take this crystal into meetings or place on your desk to improve concentration. You may also want to read my guide to cleansing sodalite.
5. Amazonite (Stone of Hope, Abundance, Courage and Truth)
Colour – Turquoise Green
Chakra – Heart and Throat
Origin – Brazil, Russia, India, USA, Madagascar
Named after the Amazon river, amazonite carries the force to enhance focus and success.
It has a loving energy that empowers you to speak the truth, whilst encouraging compassion to accept different viewpoints. This can be particularly useful when facing deadlines or wishing to get your point across in a clear, kind and succinct manner.
By dissolving stress, which affects cognitive ability, amazonite’s soothing energy promotes relaxation that can also improve concentration, problem solving abilities and attention span.
Tip for Using Amazonite: Combine amazonite with fluorite for the benefit of clearer thoughts and communication skills. You may also want to read my guide to the best crystals for success.
6. Smokey Quartz (Stone of Cooperation)
Colour: Light to Dark Smokey Grey/Brown
Chakra: Root and Crown
Smokey quartz combines the power of mother nature with the elevating effect of higher consciousness.
As the Stone of Cooperation, smokey quartz helps to dissolve contradiction. It stabilises confusion and removes negative energy, which often hinder focus and concentration.
This is a wonderful stone for calming mental chatter that can keep you from performing at your best.
7. Hematite (Stone for the Mind)
Colour: Silver, Black, Red with Metallic Sheen
Origin: Italy, Britain, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, Brazil
This interesting crystal is linked to the Root Chakra, but can also have cognitive effects.
Through the removal of negativity, whether that’s emotion, thought or energy, hematite can clear confusion. It focuses your mind on moving forward with clarity, vitality and optimism.
Hematite will also ground you should you be feeling drawn in several directions at once. This will help you to remain focused on your current project.
8. Blue Sapphire (Stone of Wisdom, Abundance and Uniformity)
Chakra: Third Eye and Throat
Origin: Afghanistan, India, China, Tanzania, Australia, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Czech Republic, Brazil
Sapphire comes from the Greek ‘sapphiryus,’ meaning blue stone. It epitomises wisdom in a crystal.
By aligning your physical, mental and spiritual aspects, sapphire eases mental tension and encourages self-discipline. It reduces unhelpful thoughts that can interfere with your concentration and gives a new sense of inner knowing and calmness. This will aid your progress and success.
Blue sapphire is a wonderful crystal if you want a single-minded focus on a project.
9. Blue Scapolite (Crystal of Support)
Chakra: Throat and Third Eye
Origin: Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Canada, Brazil, Norway, Italy, Madagascar, USA, Mexico
Blue scapolite is the stone for self-discipline.
It overcomes inertia by ensuring a good flow of energy between the chakras. This allows clarity and focused attention to shift any stagnation, leaving you mentally balanced and awake to new challenges.
If you aren’t achieving your goals but are stuck in the wishful thinking stage, blue scapolite will focus your mind on mental planning and problem solving.
BONUS CRYSTAL: Zoisite
Zoisite is understood to be the crystal for idleness. But my interpretation is somewhat different.
What if you want to move forward but are feeling hampered?
Idleness implies compliance. But with zoisite at your fingertips, you don’t need to feel weighed down by other people’s comments and judgements. You can move forward to make your own path in life without worrying about what society expects.
This slow acting crystal works at unimaginable depths. It brings your attention back to your objective, lights your creative spark, and focuses you on what you really enjoy doing.
If you want an additional boost, combine zoisite with ruby to create an altered state of consciousness. This promotes individuality, creativity and concentration on your objectives.
Other Tips for Using Gemstones for Focus
With all the distractions of modern life, mastering your attention has become increasingly important. Healing crystals, with their unique affinity to improve concentration, can help you.
Here are some tips for using stones for focus:
- Use crystals for clarity when meditating to achieve deeper mental focus. Either place your chosen crystal on your forehead, or surround yourself with a crystal grid prior to starting. Try to meditate daily to develop a healthy routine.
- Crystal mindfulness can switch off mental chatter. Gaze into the crystal you have chosen with a soft focus. It can be helpful to take a few deep breaths first, before allowing your breathing to return to normal. Allow the energy of the crystal to surround you, as you focus your awareness on the gemstone. I like to carry a palm stone of the same crystal with me, so I can ‘top up’ through the day.
- Crystal essences or crystal drops are a wonderfully effective way to benefit from the positive energy of the crystals. Either put drops in a glass of water or directly onto the tongue. You can also rub it on your pulse points or chakras.
- Good quality sleep is important for improving focus – and crystals can help with this. Place crystals aligned with relaxation either around your bed, under your pillow or create a crystal grid. See my article about crystals for sleep for more information.
- Gemstone affirmations are another great way to enhance focus.
- Wear focus crystals as a necklace or earrings. A Clarity Bracelet can also help you to gain a clear mind.
- Rub a crystal across your forehead or hold one either side of your head to increase concentration.
Along with healing crystals, meditation, a consistent sleep schedule, and a healthy diet can also improve your focus.
Tip: If you want to improve your focus for learning or studying, read my guide to the best crystals for memory.
Which Angels are Associated With Focus?
Angels want us to develop spiritual wellbeing and happiness. Invoking the angels below can bring renewed focus and concentration to your chosen intentions.
The ones I most associate with focus are:
- Guardian Angel Sealiah – This is the angel to invoke if you need to rediscover willpower, motivation and concentration.
- Archangel Raphael – Archangel Raphael’s name means ‘God has healed’ and is a wonderful angel to invoke for improving concentration. This angel resonates on the green ray – particularly malachite and emerald.
- Guardian Angel Yeialel – Yeialel is the angel of mental power. This angel will help you relearn how to concentrate.
- Archangel Zadkiel – Archangel Zadkiel is the angel for memory and mental study. However, this angel is also wonderful for helping us to focus on any aspect we ask for – whether that is forgiveness, confidence or improved concentration. As Archangel Zadkiel’s aura is a deep indigo blue, use any of the blue crystals such as sodalite or lapis lazuli to connect with him.
Focus is an essential skill. It allows you to complete tasks to a better standard, achieve your goals and reduces stress as a result.
Healing crystals are a unique and effective way to achieve this. These nine crystals, each with their individual personality, can calm your mind and help you to remain focused.
My favourite crystal for focus is sodalite. It enhances my concentration and organisational ability, allowing me to be far more effective and relaxed as a result.