Communication is vital for honest and balanced relationships, whether personal or professional. These nine crystals improve your communication skills and help you speak truthfully.
The ability to communicate is crucial to your success, wellbeing and happiness.
If your Throat Chakra is blocked, however, you may struggle to articulate your thoughts. This can also cause you to become critical or timid.
Healing crystals and stones are a wonderful solution. They can clear this vital Energy Centre and stimulate self-expression and communication. This improves your confidence when speaking, listening and writing. An unblocked Throat Chakra also helps you communicate with honesty and compassion.
In this article, I’ve listed my nine favourite crystals for communication. Each aligns with the Throat Chakra and can help you to speak your truth.
Which are the Best Communication Stones and Crystals?
1. Chrysocolla (The Goddess Stone)
Colour: Green, Blue
Chakra: Sacral, Heart, Throat
Origin: USA, Peru, UK, Mexico, Russia, Chile
Good communication isn’t just about knowing when to speak. It’s also important to know when to remain silent and listen.
Chrysocalla excels at teaching you how to respond appropriately in different situations. It’s a calm crystal that helps you speak the truth, but also know when to hold your tongue.
This crystal, with its feminine Heart Centred energy, will help you to put your point across, when the time is right, with confidence and compassion.Buy Chrysocolla Stone
2. Lapis Lazuli (Stone of Friendship, Truth and Total Awareness)
Colour: Deep Blue
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Chile, Egypt, Middle East
Lapis lazuli balances the Throat Chakra and Third Eye. This combination makes it a strong contender for the best crystal for improving communication.
As a crystal that can release repressed anger, lapis lazuli encourages constructive communication. Words can be powerful when spoken with compassion and honesty – lapis lazuli helps you do this.
The Stone of Truth is also wonderful for enhancing self-awareness, which is vital for effective communication.
Tip for Using Lapis Lazuli: Wear a lapis lazuli necklace to release negative emotions and improve your friendships. Keeping a lapis lazuli worry stone in your pocket also provides access to its calming energy throughout the day.
3. Blue Lace Agate (Stone of Articulation)
Colour: Pale Blue
Origin: Morocco, Brazil, India, Czech Republic, USA
Blue lace agate stimulates the Throat Chakra and, as The Stone of Articulation, helps you to communicate clearly and effectively.
Words are powerful – but only when used correctly. Blue Lace Agate teaches you the importance of choosing the right words, so you can be more persuasive and assertive. This is helpful in all forms of communication, including public speaking.
Blue lace agate also supports your integrity to fulfil any promises you make.Buy Blue Lace Agate Pendant
4. Blue Kyanite (Earth Stone)
Colour: Blue, White
Chakra: All, but especially Throat, Third Eye and Crown
Origin: Brazil, USA
Blue kyanite is a fabulous crystal for improving your intuitive abilities and speaking your truth.
It’s renowned for opening the Throat Chakra, which enables self-expression and strengthens your voice. Blue kyanite can even help with a stammer or sore throat.
Singers, speakers and performers all benefit from blue kyanite’s energy and, if you wish to stimulate clairaudience, this is the crystal to choose.
Note: Blue kyanite doesn’t hold negativity, so it doesn’t need to be cleaned.
Tip for Using Blue Kyanite: Meditate with blue kyanite if you wish to encourage positive expression of thoughts and feelings.
5. Turquoise (Stone of Communication)
Colour: Green, Blue
Origin: Mexico, China, Peru, Tibet, Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Arabia, Argentina
This Stone of Communication is all about speaking your truths and listening to other people.
We often don’t truly listen, because we’re caught up in our own feelings and thoughts. Turquoise teaches you to appreciate other people’s viewpoints without judgement. This is an essential skills for anyone who wants to communicate effectively.
Turquoise also reduces shyness and allows you to speak confidently from the heart.
Chakra: Crown, Throat
Origin: UK, Mexico, Peru, Egypt, Madagascar, Poland, USA
Celestite is a high vibrational crystal that gets its name from the Latin, caelestic, meaning heavenly.
Its essence can raise your energies, making it possible to commune with the Angels. Celestite also aligns your spiritual truths and gives you the confidence to express them openly.
Additionally, celestite can stimulate clairvoyant communication. If you want to improve your ability to communicate with the spirits, it’s a wonderful crystal to use.
Note: Do not place celestite in direct sunlight as it’ll fade.
Tip for Using Celestite:Meditate with celestite before writing or speaking. This ensures your communication comes from a place of honesty.Buy Celestite Pendant
7. Aquamarine (Stone of Courage and Protection)
Colour: Pale Blue, Green
Origin: Brazil, Madagascar, USA, Russia, Mexico, India, Afghanistan, Mozambique
Aquamarine creates a bridge between the Heart Chakra and Throat Chakra. This encourages you to speak from the heart.
Anger, rage and temper tantrums are all signs that you’re out of balance. So, by using the cooling powers of this ‘water of the sea’ crystal, you can unblock the Throat Chakra and stimulate peaceful communication.
Aquamarine is also helpful for speech problems and creative expression.
8. Blue Chalcedony (Stone of Friendship, Optimism and Joy)
Origin: USA, Mexico, Czech Republic, New Zealand, Russia, Morocco, UK, Brazil, Turkey
Blue chalcedony has a light-hearted energy. It’s a brilliant crystal for building stronger friendships, as it encourages both laughter and good listening skills.
Also, if you’re feeling down, blue chalcedony will fill you with joyful optimism. Its cheerful presence makes it a great crystal to keep around the house – especially in communal areas, such as living rooms.
In addition to its happy energy, blue chalcedony has an angelic presence. This can stimulate premonitions and clairvoyance.
Tip for Using Blue Chalcedony: If you’re learning a new language, blue chalcedony will improve your memory and communication.Buy Blue Chalcedony Stones
9. Azurite (Stone of Heaven)
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Australia, Chile, Peru, Russia, USA
Azurite’s energy is more aligned with the Third Eye than Throat Chakra. However, this makes it the perfect crystal for verbalising past-life experiences or moving past long-standing arguments.
Holding onto grudges doesn’t benefit anyone, so use azurite to bring a new perspective to any disagreement. It can also encourage calm communication, which is vital when resolving arguments.
Azurite crystals are also useful for introverts or timid people who could benefit from a confidence boost.
Tip for Using Azurite: If you talk too much through nervousness, azurite can calm you down.Buy Azurite Crystal
BONUS CRYSTAL: Unakite
Unakite is a combination of red jasper, epidote and, sometimes, quartz.
Its energies align with the Solar Plexus, Heart, Sacral and Root Chakras, and it can bring harmony to relationships.
This is a good crystal if you have controlling tendencies or expect a lot from yourself. By softening your attitude and introducing compromise, you’ll be more able to communicate with honesty and self-respect.
Other Tips for Using Communication Crystals
Poor communication can lead to misunderstandings and damage relationships. Crystal healing can improve your communication and encourage you to speak truthfully.
Here are some of the ways I like to use stones for communication:
- Communication stone elixirs are a wonderful way to absorb the healing vibrations of a crystal. You can sip an elixir throughout the day, or drink it up to an hour before a difficult meeting.
- Surround yourself with crystals for communication as you recite affirmations. This will promote self-trust and enhance the benefits of the affirmations.
- Meditation is a brilliant way to balance your Throat Chakra. Place a crystal for communication on your Throat Chakra or surround yourself with a grid before you start. Meditation will also bring out innate abilities for clairaudience and automatic writing.
- Crystal jewellery containing gemstones, aligned with communication, are hugely beneficial. Wear them as a necklace, pendant or choker. This will ensure the healing energies remain in your energy field throughout the day.
- In order to speak your truth, sometimes it can be helpful to practice first. Choose your crystal for communication and hold in your non-writing hand. Writing on a piece of paper, allow your thoughts to run free and jot down anything that comes into your head. This doesn’t have to be perfect so don’t analyse or edit. Keep writing for as long as you want, then destroy it. This will help you develop the skill of communicating your thoughts in the moment.
Which Angels are Associated with Communication?
The Angels I most associate with communication are:
- Archangel Michael – Michael is the Angel for strength and communication. He resonates with lapis lazuli, sugilite, and blue kyanite – which is known as the Sword of Truth. I like to invoke Him for support when networking.
- Archangel Ambriel – I invoke this Angel to help me communicate positively and effectively. Clear quartz, blue agate or sapphire resonate with Ambriel.
- Archangel Hamaliel – This is the Angel of Perseverance. His loving energy supports you through relationship troubles, encouraging compassionate thoughts and communication. If you need help to get your point across without upsetting people, use malachite. Turquoise and blue topaz also resonate with this Angel.
- Archangel Gabriel – This is the Angel to invoke for all written communications. He is known as the Messenger of God and resonates with citrine, garnet, moonstone and selenite.
Effective communication is vital for strong relationships, fulfilment and happiness.
Healing crystals can improve your communication skills and boost your confidence. These nine crystals, with their own unique vibration, encourage you to speak truthfully and honestly.
My favourite crystal for communication is chrysocolla. I love the way it empowers me to truly listen and absorb what I’m hearing before responding.