Are you entering a period of new beginnings? Whether you’re excited, sad or anxious, these nine crystals can support you through the challenges and experiences ahead.
New beginnings can feel like an adventure. Whether it’s a new job, new relationship, start of a new year, or a whole new take on life, change fills us with a sense of possibility and freshness.
Of course, not all changes come from choice. Some are due to painful endings and can leave a sense of loss, grief or even dread. But whatever the cause of a fresh start, it’s our choices that determine the long-term outcome.
Crystals have an innate ability to support us through all of this. Whether you want clarity on how to take the first step, help to accept a painful ending, or guidance to find your true path, these nine crystals will encourage you forward with renewed confidence.
Change is powerful because it’s lasting and alters the person within. Grasp this new opportunity and see where it takes you. There are no guarantees in life, of course, but as soon as you feel ready to take the first step, the sooner you’ll know if it’s right for you.
Which are the Best Crystals and Healing Stones for New Beginnings?
1. Rainbow Moonstone (Stone of New Beginnings)
Colour: White, Cream, Yellow Milky Sheen
Origin: Sri Lanka, India, Australia
Rainbow moonstone is the perfect crystal for helping you to face life changing decisions.
Its connection with the lunar cycle and everything feminine helps you to flow with life’s ever-changing rhythms. It teaches you how to appreciate new beginnings, even if change is due to the end of a relationship or situation, and view this as a positive process.
This stone’s nurturing powers are essential if you’re depleted in energy, encouraging you to rest and reassess, so that you can see the full beauty of moving forward.
Tip for Using Rainbow Moonstone: Hold rainbow moonstone in your hands when you’re visualising what you want to manifest.Buy Rainbow Moonstone Sphere
2. Blue Kyanite (Earth Stone)
Chakra: All, but especially Throat, Third Eye and Crown
Origin: Brazil, USA
Blue kyanite is a versatile crystal with many attributes. One benefit is that it’s great for cutting through emotional ties and unhelpful beliefs. It also encourages honest communication. Both are wonderful qualities when starting something new.
When you’re venturing into new beginnings, you need to be able to move forward without worrying about what others may think. Blue kyanite, with its earthy, calm nature, will help you to do this, while encouraging self-belief.
Also, as a stone of introspection, it’ll help you to understand why things have happened. With this clarity, you can take the lessons learned and move forward to bring new dreams into fruition.
3. Amazonite (Stone of Hope, Success, Abundance, Courage and Truth)
Colour: Turquoise Green
Chakra: Heart, Throat
Origin: Brazil, Russia, India, USA, Madagascar
Amazonite brings hope and success to new projects. It’ll help you gain greater understanding of what you truly want, and encourage you to step away from the ‘usual’ and take the risk to embrace something different.
This crystal isn’t for the faint-hearted though, as it desires action. Amazonite inspires the courage needed for new challenges and will support you in trusting your soul purpose.
Amazonite’s light-hearted energy will enliven your natural talents, and align you with projects that excite you.Buy Amazonite Pyramid
4. Labradorite (Stone of Serendipity and Magic)
Colour: Iridescent blue, greyish to black, yellow
Chakra: Third Eye
Origin: Russia, Canada, Scandinavia, Italy
Sometimes the biggest challenge when changing your life is other people’s reactions. Change can intimidate or unnerve those close to us, so their advice may be unhelpful. Labradorite encourages you to trust your own judgment and wisdom.
By listening to yourself, you’ll gain a better understanding of what is right for you. You’ll gain a sense of adventure and self-empowerment, as well as become less fearful of reaching for your dreams.
Labradorite is also known for its protective powers. It provides a shield around you that’ll prevent unwanted negative energies, such as jealousy, and other people’s opinions from influencing you.
5. Brandberg Amethyst
Colour: Purple, clear, smokey grey/brown
Chakra: All but particularly Crown, Third Eye and Heart
This truly spectacular crystal comes with all the punch required for rebirth and transition.
Named after the Brandberg mountain range in Namibia, Brandberg amethyst is a combination of amethyst, smokey quartz and clear quartz, which are three high vibrational crystals.
Its inclusions of bubbles and even rainbows add to its appearance and is perfect for healing past life trauma and heart-break. As a result, you’ll be able to move forward with renewed strength, emotional freedom and confidence to find your true path and soul mate.
This crystal is also fantastic for cutting unhealthy ties, with compassion and forgiveness, enabling new beginnings with a common sense approach.
6. Chrysoprase (Stone of Abundance and Truth)
Colour: Yellow Green to Deep Green
Chakra: Sacral, Heart
Origin: Brazil, Russia. USA, Poland, Tanzania, Australia
Chrysoprase is the perfect crystal when change and new beginnings are due to heartbreak or betrayal. Being the Stone of Venus, and hence love, this crystal’s nurturing green colour will heal any imbalance in the yin-yang energy, which will restore emotional balance.
If you’re looking for a new relationship, this heart-centred crystal will make sure that you heal first, with love and forgiveness, before attracting a new partner when you least expect it.
Also, chrysoprase’s wonderful renewing energy may stimulate fertility.
Colour: Clear, Yellow, White, Peach, Green
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye
Origin: India, UK, Australia, Czech Republic, Brazil, Italy
Apophyllite is a clear leader when it comes to helping with spiritual or personal development. By activating your Crown Chakra, it opens you to the frequency of love and light. This enhances intuition and encourages self-introspection.
These traits are important, as honesty about your past mistakes can prevent you from repeating them. Apophyllite also has a light-hearted approach and will inspire you to take care of yourself.
If you want to start prioritising your health, apophyllite will support you to make healthier lifestyle choices.
Tip for Using Apophyllite: An apophyllite elixir will bring light and energy to the Heart Chakra, which will aid your love life. It’s also a great crystal to meditate with to release the past and free yourself to move forward.
8. Tanzanite (Stone of Magic)
Colour: Blue, Turquoise, Purple
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye, Throat, Heart
Tanzanite is a truly uplifting crystal that’ll encourage you to embrace life again.
After suffering a loss or a break up of a relationship, it’s natural to feel guarded and to shut yourself away for a time. This crystal will act like a safety net and allow you to trust that it’s safe to love life again.
Re-emerging can feel hard, but with tanzanite’s supportive energy you’ll overcome any fears and anxieties and be able to celebrate life.
Note: Tanzanite is one of the rarest gemstones, as it only comes from a small area in Tanzania. The darker the blue, the more expensive the stone. If you want a unique crystal to represent new beginnings, it’s a great choice.
9. Citrine (The Lucky Merchant’s Stone)
Colour: Yellow, ranging from pale to honey or even brown
Chakra: Solar Plexus but also activates the Crown Chakra
Origin: Brazil, France, Madagascar, Russia, UK, USA
This joyful crystal will inspire you to move forward once you’ve got a plan. It’ll motivate you to stop “people pleasing” and worrying about what others may think.
As the Lucky Merchant’s Stone, citrine is great when starting a new business. It’ll eliminate self-doubt and manifest financial success.
Through balancing the Solar Plexus, citrine’s zest for life will inspire fun and laughter, whilst increasing your energy for new projects and boosting optimism.
Note: The most common form of citrine is heat-treated amethyst.
BONUS CRYSTAL: Mookaite (Australian Jasper)
Mookaite is a wonderful crystal for illuminating the way ahead.
It’s only found on the Kennedy Ranges of Western Australia and so is fairly unique. It’ll ensure you remain grounded and calm, whilst inspiring you to see forward without procrastination or fear.
This male earth energy crystal will fire up your instinctive capabilities and passions, which in turn will help you to make confident choices. By giving you the wisdom and self-belief to see all the options before deciding, mookaite will have you moving forward more effectively.
This is fabulous crystal if you want to work through your bucket list or explore new adventures and activities.
Other Tips for Using Crystals for a Fresh Start
Crystals align beautifully with the energy of new beginnings. Here are a few examples of crystal healing methods to try:
- The new moon is the perfect time to sow new seeds or intentions. Stand outside and, holding a rainbow moonstone, focus on your desire. If you wish, you can bathe the crystal in moonlight for a few hours.
- Wear new beginning crystals as jewellery or carry in your pocket, so you stay energetically connected with its vibration throughout the day. Also, place crystals around your home to remind you of the energy you are attracting.
- Meditation is an important ally in your wish to start new projects. Try and make a daily commitment to meditate with your chosen new beginnings crystal, even if it’s only for a few minutes a day. This will strengthen your intention and help you remain focused on your task.
- If your new beginning is work related, ensure your desk or work space has your chosen crystals near you to remind you of your intention and help you energetically to stay focused.
- Cutting energetic links with toxic people, or even from your own fears, can be highly beneficial when starting new beginnings. Use black kyanite, amethyst, selenite or obsidian for this process.
- Place a crystal grid, using new beginning crystals of your choice, around your bed or desk. Their unique signatures will flow with your intentions. You could also incorporate some crystals for abundance, fertility or love if it feels right to do so.
- Crystal singing bowls bring uplifting energy and positivity into your home.
- Elixirs are a wonderful way to resonate with the healing crystal’s powers.
- Visualisations are a powerful force when it comes to new beginnings. Be clear on what you want. Feel the emotions connected with your dream or intention and, holding your chosen new beginning crystal, breathe that image into the crystal’s energy field. Do this daily to maintain the strength and your focus.
- Get yourself a new notebook or fresh sheet of paper, surround yourself with your new beginning crystals and then write down what your new plan and intention feels and means to you.
Which Angels are Associated With New Beginnings?
Angels love us to cut free from anything that holds us back. These are the angels I like to invoke for new beginnings:
- Angel Gazardial – Angel Gazardial, known as the illuminated one, is the Angel for New Beginnings. He brings optimism and energy, releasing self-doubt and limiting beliefs. As He holds guardian over the rising sun, I use citrine when invoking this sunny angel.
- Archangel Metatron – This wonder Archangel will oversee all your endeavours, praising and helping you to step into your own power. The crystals that resonate with Archangel Metatron are watermelon tourmaline, lapis lazuli, labradorite and blue kyanite.
- Archangel Barakiel – This archangel, whose name means God’s Blessing, will bring luck and good fortune. Invoke Archangel Barakiel when wishing assistance with creative inspiration and expression. He supports your passion for life and new ventures.
- Angel Geniel – Angel Geniel is the first of the angels ruling the 28 mansions of the moon. Invoke this angel when undertaking new projects.
New beginnings create necessary change. They alter our thoughts and can be exhilarating, unpredictable and terrifying in equal measure.
To help you through this transition, crystals, aligned with this energy, can ease any discomfort. They can also promote courage and confidence to move forward, so you can realise your dreams.
My favourite crystal for new beginnings is rainbow moonstone. I love the way it supports and nurtures me through life changing decisions. It also helps me to understand that change and endings are just part of the story – there are plenty of exciting chapters ahead.