Ruby zoisite is a spiritual stone that’s closely linked with psychic development and self-growth. Here’s my complete guide to this crystal, including an overview of its healing benefits.
Ruby zoisite is a beautiful crystal for stimulating happiness, vitality, and self-growth. The combination of green and pink resonates strongly with the Heart Chakra, while the ruby inclusions also stimulates the Root Chakra.
This is an energising crystal that boosts courage and inner strength. It’s also closely associated with psychic abilities, such as astral travel and past life regression.
In this article, I’ll teach you about ruby zoisite’s healing properties and how to use it. I’ll also discuss how to care for ruby zoisite and the best cleansing methods for this gemstone.
Basic Ruby Zoisite Meaning, History and Formation
|Color||Green, White, Grey, Blue, Greyish Brown, Purple, Pink, Yellow|
|Chakras||Crown, Third Eye, Heart, Root|
|Origin||Tanzania, Madagascar. South Africa, India, Austria, Kenya, Russia, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Australia|
|Zodiac Signs||Sagittarius, Aries, Aquarius, Gemini|
|Hardness||6.5-7 (Moderately Hard)|
|Chemical Formula|| Calcium Aluminium, Hydroxy Sorosilicate
Ruby zoisite, also known as anyolite, is a natural combination of green zoisite and fiery ruby crystals. It may also contain black patches due to tschermakite inclusions. Tschermakite is a type of hornblende, which further enhances the stone’s ability to support psychic development.
This spiritual stone was discovered in the Longido district of Tanzania in the mid-1950’s. The name, anyolite, comes from the Maasai word for green, anyoli.
Zoisite occurs in igneous and metamorphic rocks, and is typically cut without facets. It’s naturally opaque, but becomes transparent with a glass-like (vitreous) luster when cut and polished.
Note: Along with anyolite, ruby zoisite is also known as ruby in zoisite or tanganyika artstone.
The Healing Properties of Ruby Zoisite (Anyolite)
While ruby zoisite is often associated with psychic abilities, it provides a range of metaphysical properties and healing powers. Here are three of my favourite examples of ruby zoisite benefits.
Ruby zoisite has a strong spiritual nature, so it’s a brilliant crystal for spiritual development. Whether you want to enhance astral projection skills, deepen your meditation practice, or have more success with past life work, ruby zoisite is one of the best stones to use.
There are several reasons for this. The most important is that ruby zoisite is a crystal that energises the Crown Chakra, which is vital for psychic abilities. Green zoisite also encourages inner growth, while red ruby inspires passion – a key combination for progressing with any type of practice.
Along with developing intuitive skills, ruby zoisite can also make it easier to communicate with guides and Angels.
Tip: Look for ruby zoisite with hornblende inclusions if you want to use it for psychic practice. Hornblende eliminates barriers that prevent spiritual development.
Courage and Strength
Ruby zoisite is the Stone of Courage and Strength. It helps you to face fears and stand up for yourself, even when you’re feeling vulnerable.
Being affiliated with the Root Chakra and Heart Centre, ruby zoisite also grounds you to the present moment, while offering loving support. This reduces anxiety, giving you the confidence to tackle big goals and make difficult decisions.
Vitality and Energy
If you need a boost in energy and positive feelings, then ruby zoisite is a wonderful crystal to add to your collection.
There are many reasons for feeling lethargic or unmotivated. Being weighed down by other people’s opinions is a common example, especially if you often feel the need to “people please.” Green zoisite balances the Heart Centre, which cultivates a positive outlook and reduces external pressure from those around you.
Ruby is also an energising crystal. The spiritual ‘heat’ it generates helps to disperse emotional blockages that lead to a lack of energy. This stone also increases the chi (life force) in your body, helping you to overcome exhaustion.
With the combination of these two energies at your fingertips, you’ll soon get back to your buoyant self.
Which Chakras Are Associated With Ruby Zoisite?
Ruby zoisite is closely associated with the Heart and Crown Chakras, but it also harmonises both of these with the Root and Third Eye Chakras. This is a powerful combination for Chakra healing that provides many benefits.
The Crown Chakra is found at the crown of your head, and is the centre for enhancing your spiritual excellence. As the most spiritual Chakra, it filters Divine love to your other Chakras. The light it brings gives a wonderful sense of peace and bliss.
Ruby zoisite’s high vibrational energies open and activate this important Energy Centre. This will help you to connect with your spirit guides and spiritual learning. It also helps dissolve self-imposed limitations and boosts your confidence.
By keeping this crystal close to your energy field, you’ll gain a sense of inner knowing. This will help you to identify and release past traumas that still affect your life.
The Third Eye is a mystical gateway that connects the physical world with universal energy. When open, it magnifies psychic powers and intuition, helping you to see life from a different perspective.
Ruby zoisite is one of the most effective crystals for strengthening the energetic link between the Heart Chakra and Third Eye. It pulls your emotional and mental energies into alignment, helping you to act in accordance with your heart’s desires.
It also opens and balances the Third Eye. This brings insight and clarity to your thoughts, and helps you to remain focused.
Heart and Higher Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra and the Higher Heart Chakra are the centres for love and intimacy. As they are pink or green in colour, these Chakras resonate with the energy of ruby zoisite.
This allows ruby zoisite to open and energise these centres, which helps you to feel the power of unconditional love. Emotions such as joy, appreciation, compassion, and forgiveness will also be enhanced when the crystal is nearby.
The Root Chakra is concerned with instinct and our basic needs. It governs our sense of stability and connects with the Earth for grounding.
If this energy centre is unbalanced, it can compromise the other Chakras. This mis-alignment can often lead to feelings of fear, disconnection, and tiredness.
Anyolite activates the Root Chakra, bringing a mix of growth, courage and vitality. With this new balance, negative energies will disperse, so you can reconnect with your true purpose.
Which Zodiac Signs Are Associated With Ruby Zoisite?
Ruby zoisite is an adaptable crystal that can link with many of the Zodiac signs. The star signs I consider most suitable for ruby zoisite are Sagittarius, Aries, Aquarius, and Gemini.
People born under this star sign are usually optimistic, have a great understanding of emotions, and a strong sense of honesty.
There are situations where a Sagittarian can face challenges though. This can lead to insecurity, boredom, and egotistical behaviour.
Ruby zoisite is a wonderful crystal for minimising a Sagittarian’s less-desirable traits and boosting confidence. It’ll inspire your adventurous side, while developing self-love and patience. It’ll also enhance your spiritual connection, so you can lead from a higher state of consciousness.
Mars, the ruling planet of Aries, has a fiery nature that resonates with ruby zoisite. Ruby is also the birthstone of Aries, which makes anyolite an excellent crystal for people born under this star sign.
As open-minded and passionate people, Aries are often creative and make great team leaders. However, their passion can sometimes lead to impatience, stress, and impulsiveness.
With the synthesis of fire (ruby) and Earth (zoisite), ruby zoisite can bring balance to the life of an Aries. It won’t dull your passion, but will help you harness it in a constructive and positive way.
Aquarians are passionate about helping mankind, and will fight for righteous causes. However, they also tend to overthink decisions and events, which can harm their mental health.
Ruby zoisite strengthens the connection between the Heart, Third Eye, and Crown Chakras. This will help to stabilise your emotions, so you can live from your heart rather than in your head.
Geminis are sociable, intelligent, and inquisitive people who are always looking for the next challenge to excite them. However, they tend to be self-critical and hard on themselves, especially if they feel they’ve upset someone else.
Ruby zoisite helps release feelings of anger, guilt, and despair, while inspiring appreciation. Through strengthening the etheric body, ruby zoisite will also encourage love and friendship.
By using this crystal for Gemini, you’ll find that inner happiness and self-worth start to flourish. This will give you renewed energy to move forward with exciting goals.
How to Care for Ruby Zoisite
Ruby zoisite is a moderately hard mineral, making it less prone to scratching than softer crystals.
With that said, the division between the ruby and zoisite is a structural weakness. Try to avoid knocking or dropping the crystal, as this can cause cracking along the joint. Wrapping it in a soft natural material for storage is a good idea.
Heat can also damage anyolite and cause existing fractures to lengthen. Be careful to ensure it isn’t exposed to extreme temperature changes.
Can Ruby Zoisite Get Wet?
On the Mohs Scale of Mineral Hardness, ruby registers as nine and green zoisite at least six. When combined, it’s generally accepted that ruby zoisite registers at between 6-7, depending on how much of each mineral is present.
As any stone with a rating above five on the Mohs Scale can be cleansed in water, it’s safe for ruby zoisite to get wet.
Note: Ruby zoisite is often mistaken for “ruby in fuchsite.” Ruby in fuchsite is a much softer crystal, with a hardness of 2-3.
How to Cleanse Ruby Zoisite
Crystals can absorb negative energies, so it’s important to cleanse them. Here are some methods I use for cleansing ruby zoisite:
- Water – As ruby zoisite resonates with Earth and grounding, cleansing it in a spring or stream can be a wonderful experience. You can also use soapy water and a soft cloth. Rinse it with fresh water afterwards to prevent any build-up of soapy residue.
- Sunlight – Ruby zoisite enjoys a sun bath, which isn’t surprising as ruby is associated with this fiery element. Sunlight will purify negative energy and restore the male-female balance to your crystal. As this crystal doesn’t like extreme heat, I do this in the early morning, when the light is less intense.
- Moonlight – Moonlight is a lovely way to cleanse and energise ruby zoisite. If I’m cleansing it outside, I usually place it directly on the ground so it can benefit from an earthy connection at the same time. Cleansing using moonlight can be done at any time during the cycle, but the energies around the full moon are even more powerful.
Note: Do not use bleach, acid, harsh chemicals, or steam cleaners to cleanse ruby zoisite.
Tips for Using Ruby Zoisite
- Ruby zoisite is a wonderful meditation crystal for amplifying inner knowledge and helping you to understand who you really are. I like to hold a ruby zoisite palm stone when meditating to keep me focused and attentive to the lessons.
- Anyolite is often shaped into cabochons, which suits jewellery making. As it aligns with your Heart Chakra, wear a ruby zoisite pendant so its energies remain close to this energy centre. You can also carry a piece in your shirt pocket or wear a necklace with ruby zoisite beads.
- Ruby zoisite is an energy amplifier. It’ll increase sexual energy as well as passion, drive, and enthusiasm. It’s also great for putting a spark back into a relationship. Place it on the Root Chakra for 10 minutes before you go to sleep, or even put it under the pillow or mattress. During the day, you can keep a piece in your skirt or trouser pocket.
- If you want your dreams to become reality sooner, keep a piece of ruby zoisite crystal near your work space.
- Anyolite can be used to strengthen and cleanse the etheric bodies, which comprises the Meridians, Chakras and aura. One method is to place a ruby zoisite healing grid around you while practicing yoga. Kundalini yoga is particularly good for raising the kundalini energy through the Chakras.
Can Ruby Zoisite Be Used With Other Crystals?
You can combine ruby zoisite with other crystals to enhance its energy and provide additional healing benefits.
Tanzanite and thulite are part of the ruby zoisite ‘family,’ so work well with its energy. Here are a few other crystals that I like to use with ruby zoisite:
- Blue Sapphire – Ruby zoisite and blue sapphire are a strong combination for improving focus. Blue sapphire enhances your concentration, while ruby zoisite improves your thought processes so you stay attentive.
- Opal – Opal and ruby zoisite both resonate with the Crown and Heart Chakras. They’re also both known as Stones of Transformation. Together they make an effective pair for developing spiritual awareness and improving psychic abilities.
- Garnet – Using ruby zoisite and garnet together helps to improve vitality and endurance.
Which Angels Are Associated With Ruby Zoisite?
Ruby zoisite resonates with Angels who are on the green or magenta healing ray. I associate ruby zoisite with the following Angels:
- Archangel Camael – Archangel Camael is the Guardian Angel of Mars, the ruling planet for Aries. This red planet inspires courage, strength, and stamina. I use ruby zoisite to invoke this Angel when I need courage for new projects.
- Archangel Metatron – Metatron is one of the Ascension Angels and has a violet and green halo. He is known as the ‘Angel of Life’ and helps ground us to our present life. I love to use ruby zoisite when invoking this Angel.
- Archangel Haniel – Archangel Haniel is the Ruling Angel for Venus and is associated with the Heart Chakra. He resonates on the healing rays of green (personal love for friends or partners) and magenta (unconditional love.) Use ruby zoisite when invoking this wonderful Angel.
Guides Where I Recommend Ruby Zoisite
Ruby zoisite is a beautiful green and magenta stone. It combines the energies of fire and Earth, and is heart based. This stimulates vitality, courage, and a deeper understanding of oneself through spiritual development.
As ruby zoisite resonates with the Third Eye and Crown Chakras, it also provides access to inner guidance, while enhancing psychic abilities.