If you lack direction or struggle with confidence, your Solar Plexus may be the problem. These nine crystals for the Solar Plexus can unblock and stimulate this vital Energy Center.
The Solar Plexus (Third Chakra – Manipura) is the centre for mastering your personal power. Located just below the breast bone, this “fire” centre is yellow in colour and connects with the adrenal glands and pancreas.
As an ego centre, the Solar Plexus provides confidence, drive, and enthusiasm, which are essential for reaching your goals. A healthy and balanced Solar Plexus also helps you to overcome fears, while providing emotional control and self-belief.
Unfortunately, a blocked Solar Plexus can have the opposite effect. Aside from a lack of confidence and motivation, an imbalance could cause you to feel tired, irritable, and inconsiderate.
Crystal healing is one of the best ways to open and re-balance the Solar Plexus. The nine crystals below all resonate with the Solar Plexus and empower you to move forward with your goals.
Which are the Best Solar Plexus Chakra Stones?
1. Citrine (The Lucky Merchants Stone)
Colour: Yellow, Ranging from Pale to Honey or Even Brown
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Crown
Origin: Brazil, France, Madagascar, Russia, UK, USA
Citrine is a wonderful crystal for restoring balance to your Solar Plexus. It has a sunny appearance that resonates with the Manipura’s yellow colour, making it an excellent choice for cleansing this important Energy Centre.
A motivated mindset is crucial for attracting what you want in life. Citrine, through balancing the Solar Plexus, gives you the self-belief to keep moving towards your goals. It also radiates a positive energy, which is important for attracting success and prosperity.
Additionally, citrine encourages you to avoid “people pleasing.” Staying true to yourself is essential for developing healthy self-esteem and confidence.
Tip: If you’re struggling to stay motivated, you may also want to read my guide to crystals for motivation.Buy Citrine Pendant
2. Pyrite (Fool’s Gold)
Chakra: Solar Plexus
Origin: Australia, South Africa, Spain, Japan, Peru, Russia, Greece, Sweden, Czech Republic, UK, North America
Pyrite is a stimulating and stabilising mineral for the Solar Plexus. Known as Fool’s Gold, its energy holds the power of abundance and success.
Nestled within pyrite’s cubic structure is a wonderful energy field that blocks negative energy. This stops outside forces from affecting your mood, which provides clarity when dealing with problems. It’ll also shift your mindset towards success.
Pyrite has a male energy that also stimulates memory, logic and intelligence. It radiates positivity and self-confidence.
Note: This mineral gets its name from the Greek word pyr, meaning fire, making it an ideal choice for the Solar Plexus.
3. Peridot (Study Stone)
Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus
Origin: Brazil, USA, Egypt, Russia, Ireland, Sri Lank, Canary Islands, Afghanistan
Peridot is an energiser and cleanser for the Solar Plexus, your power centre. It also aligns with the Heart Chakra, bringing bountiful healing and forgiveness. This integration helps to release negative thought patterns and behaviours .
Holding onto negative events slows down our progress. Peridot teaches you to learn from past experiences, while also releasing them. This allows you to flourish with new self-confidence and self-worth.
Tip for Using Peridot: Wear peridot in jewellery to boost positivity and luck.Buy Peridot Stone
4. Tiger’s Eye (Stone of the Mind)
Colour: Brown, Yellow, Red
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Root
Origin: Mexico, USA, South Africa, Australia, India, Brazil
To achieve any goal, it’s essential to truly believe that you are capable of doing so. Tiger’s eye’s ability to heal the Solar Plexus and release fears makes it one of the best gemstones for improving your self-belief and confidence.
One of the great things about tiger’s eye is that it harnesses both the Earth’s and Sun’s energies. This powerful combination encourages you to take action, while also trusting your gut instincts.
An additional benefit is that tiger’s eye balances the yin-yang and emotional body. If you struggle with mood swings or low energy, this stone can help.
Colour: Golden Brown or Yellow
Chakra: Sacral, Solar Plexus
Origin: Italy, Poland, UK, Russia, Germany, Romania, Dominican Republic, Sweden
Amber is a powerful healer for the Solar Plexus. It’s formed from fossilised tree resin embedded with flora, fauna and other minerals, giving it a strong connection with Earth.
When too much energy flows into the Solar Plexus Chakra, you may suffer from mood swings or unhappiness. Amber is a warm, happy gemstone that cleanses the Solar Plexus and re-establishes harmony.
It’s also wonderful for absorbing negative energy, such as anger, from other people. If you need a boost in motivation or patience, amber is a brilliant stone to add to your collection.
Note: Genuine Baltic amber is considered to be the most powerful.
Tip for Using Amber: Hold amber in your non-dominant hand to promote a positive mindset.
6. Yellow Jasper
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Sacral
Yellow jasper is a nurturing stone that carries the healing properties of the sun. This makes it a great healing crystal for the yellow Solar Plexus. It has a deep grounding energy, as well as being a powerful stone for protection.
Also, yellow jasper has an innate ability to act like a trusted friend. While encouraging stronger friendships, it shields you from gossip or jealousy. Its positive influence prevents other people’s negativity from affecting you.
Aligning with the softer masculine energy, yellow jasper will spur you with hope and enthusiasm. You’ll gain confidence to speak up for yourself or get that project finished.
Tip for Using Yellow Jasper: Yellow jasper resonates at a slow vibration, so it’s important to maintain close contact over a period of time.Buy Yellow Jasper Crystal
7. Heliodor (Stone of New Beginnings)
Colour: Golden Yellow, Yellow, Green-Yellow
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Crown
Origin: Namibia, Brazil, Ukraine, Russia, USA, Nigeria
Heliodor is a variety of beryl that activates the Solar Plexus and aligns it with the Crown Chakra. Heliodor is a Greek word meaning gift of the sun, and its rich yellow appearance inspires higher thought.
Focusing on the Solar Plexus, this lovely crystal provides mental clarity when working towards goals. It also has a restoring effect when you’re feeling burned out or lacking energy.
As it provides clarity in difficult situations, heliodor can help you make the right decisions. Over time, this increases self-trust and confidence in your ability to succeed.
Note: Heliodor is also known as yellow beryl, golden beryl.
Tip for Using Heliodor:Heliodor can occasionally contain trace amounts of uranium. For this reason, I don’t recommend wearing heliodor in jewellery around the neck.
8. Golden Yellow Topaz (Crystal of Potency, True Love & Success)
Colour: Golden Yellow
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Sacral
Origin: Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Australia, Madagascar, Myanmar, Russia, Africa, Sri Lanka, USA
Golden yellow topaz, also known as imperial topaz, is a sunny crystal that brings a real sense of joy. Through aligning and energising the meridians in the body, and working through the Solar Plexus, it helps to direct energy where it’s most needed. This stimulates drive, optimism and confidence.
Another quality of this crystal is its emphasis on promoting deep friendships. By drawing like-minded and positive people to you, it helps develop a fulfilling social life.
As well as making friendships more special, this crystal is an intention amplifier. Whatever goal or project you’ve been planning, golden yellow topaz will inspire you to take action and succeed.
Tip for Using Golden Yellow Topaz: Golden yellow topaz is a beautiful crystal to meditate with. It brings a deep relaxation, stimulating a flow of new ideas and a feeling of oneness.Buy Golden Yellow Topaz
9. Yellow Smithsonite
Chakra: Solar Plexus
Origin: Australia, UAS, Mexico, Greece, Namibia, Italy, Spain
Childhood traumas and bullying can block the Solar Plexus Chakra. This can lead to chronic feelings of shyness and low confidence, which may manifest in defensiveness or sarcasm.
Yellow smithsonite has a stabilising and compassionate energy that releases blockages in the Solar Plexus, while healing your inner child and helping you to develop fulfilling relationships.
This stone also helps you to overcome worry and soothe negative emotions.
Tip for Using Yellow Smithsonite: Yellow smithsonite may aid digestion. Place it on your Solar Plexus as you meditate to help curb overeating.
Other Crystal Healing Tips for the Manipura Chakra
The crystals in this article are wonderful for opening, balancing, and stimulating the Solar Plexus. Here are some of the ways I like to use them:
- Meditation is an important practice for balancing and opening your Solar Plexus. Crystals can deepen your practice, so place a grid around you before you start. Or you can place a yellow crystal on your Solar Plexus.
- Crystal singing bowls (tuned to the note of E) can be a lovely way to open an underactive Solar Plexus.
- As the Solar Plexus is your ‘fire’ centre, walk in the sunshine holding a crystal for the Solar Plexus. This can help unblock and energise this Chakra.
- Crystal elixirs and essences are a lovely way to connect with the energies of the Solar Plexus.
- I use daily affirmations like ‘I am courageous and confident,’ ‘I honour the power within me’ and ‘I am motivated to succeed,’ while holding a crystal. This helps connect to the Solar Plexus, which develops willpower and responsibility.
- Wear crystals for the Solar Plexus in jewellery. This will keep their energetic influence in your auric field throughout the day. Pendants and bracelets are perfect for keeping crystals near the Manipura.
- Yoga is a powerful practice for releasing pent up energy held in your Solar Plexus. Surround your mat with Solar Plexus crystals before starting your sequence. A few rounds of sun salutations activates this Centre.
- Setting goals will help to clear blockages in the Manipura. Either hold your chosen crystal for the Solar Plexus, or place it in front of you, as you make a list of things you would like to achieve. This will help to fire up your willpower.
Tip: If you want to learn more about crystal healing, click here for my full list of articles and guides. I’ve also written crystal guides for other Chakras, including the Throat Chakra, Heart Chakra, Sacral Chakra, and Root Chakra.
Which Angles are Associated with the Solar Plexus?
The Angels I most associate with the Solar Plexus are:
- Archangel Uriel – This is the Archangel of Sun and Light. His name means ‘Fire of God’ and He resonates with the Solar Plexus. I invoke Uriel for courage, confidence or to help me explore my hidden talents. The crystals I use when invoking this angel are amber, red jasper, tiger’s eye, citrine or hematite.
- Archangel Jophiel – This Angel’s name means ‘Beauty of God’ and He resonates with the Golden Ray of Wisdom. He’s also the Angel of Patience, Wisdom and Illumination. This Angel helps you to develop optimism and a positive mindset. I use sunstone, citrine or watermelon tourmaline when invoking Jophiel.
- Archangel Michael – Invoke Michael when you want to take charge of your life. He reassures and promotes confidence, helping you to believe in yourself. His name means ‘Who is Like God’ and He offers strength and protection. I use lapis lazuli, blue kyanite or sugilite when I invoke Him.
Summary and My Favourite Solar Plexus Stone
When your Solar Plexus is unbalanced or blocked, you may experience symptoms of lethargy or low self-esteem. You might also feel unable to step into your personal power and often seek approval from other people.
The healing stones and crystals in this article will unblock, balance and strengthen the Solar Plexus. This will boost your confidence, drive and enthusiasm to achieve what you want in life.
My favourite crystal for the Solar Plexus is citrine. It’s a highly energetic crystal that fires me up to achieve targets. I love its positive, sunny energy, making it perfect for achieving success.