Orange calcite is an energy amplifier that’s associated with creativity and sexuality. It has a positive and uplifting energy, and is also an emotional balancer. Keep reading to learn more about this healing crystal.
Orange calcite is an energising crystal that balances your emotions. Its orange appearance means it resonates with the Sacral Chakra, and it also has a cleansing effect on the Solar Plexus.
This is a sunny crystal that boosts motivation and creativity. It’s also wonderful for reducing fear, improving confidence, and supporting you in reaching your goals and potential.
In this article, I’ll discuss orange calcite’s healing properties, how to care for it, and tips for using this beautiful crystal. I’ll also discuss the Chakras and Zodiac signs that orange calcite is most closely linked with.
Basic Orange Calcite Meaning, History and Formation
|Color||Orange With White Striations|
|Chakras||Sacral, Solar Plexus
|Origin||Mexico, Canada, South America, Croatia, Russia, Czech Republic, USA, Brazil, UK, Belgium|
|Zodiac Signs||Cancer, Leo|
Calcite (Calcium Carbonate) is a common rock forming mineral found throughout the world, although the most significant deposits are from Mexico. It comes in many colours and is found in sedimentary, metamorphic or indigenous rocks. Often calcite is deposited in caves as stalactites and stalagmites.
Orange calcite doesn’t have a distinctive geometry, but often has a rhombohedral structure. In its raw form it has a waxy appearance with a slight lustre. When polished, it loses the waxy aspect and takes on a high sheen.
The Ancient Egyptians used calcite to adorn the tombs of their Pharaohs. Also, calcite alabaster, getting its name from an Egyptian town called Alabastron, was used for making small perfume bottles or canopic jars.
The Healing Properties of Orange Calcite
Orange calcite’s soft energy provides many benefits, including emotional balancing, energy amplification, and creativity.
The healing properties of this crystal also complement each other. This makes it a powerful crystal for a variety of intentions.
Orange calcite is one of the best stones for creativity. There are two main reasons for this, related to orange calcite’s interaction with the Sacral Chakra and its frequency of vibration.
Orange calcite is one of my favourite crystals for opening and balancing the Sacral Chakra, which is the centre for creative energies. Orange calcite’s ability to clear blockages in this Energy Centre inspires creativity and helps you to uncover new connections or ideas.
The crystal’s warm, nurturing qualities also vibrate at the frequency of your creative aspects. This inspires resourcefulness and encourages you to reach your true potential in any creative pursuit.
Additionally, orange calcite is a great stone if you’re suffering from a creative block. Through encouraging a gentle movement of energy, orange calcite removes blockages and boosts your motivation to complete a project.
As an energy amplifier, orange calcite increases the flow of positive energy throughout the body. This improves the effectiveness of all other energy healing, making orange calcite a useful addition to any crystal collection.
It can also clear negative or stagnant energy. Aside from making you feel reinvigorated, this makes it easier to let go of unwanted habits and beliefs that may be holding you back.
Over time, orange calcite’s positive energy can overcome a lack of self-worth or ambition. Despite being a powerful energy-moving crystal, however, it always has a gentle and respectful nature.
Emotional Balancer and Healer
Calcite is a wonderful crystal for emotional healing. As a stone for your Sacral Chakra, orange calcite balances your emotions and is said to help overcome symptoms of depression.
Emotional issues relating to childhood wounding, or even deep issues of a sexual nature, respond to this nurturing crystal. Whether past experiences have interfered with your confidence, self-worth or creativity, orange calcite will gently bring these aspects of your life to the surface for clearing.
By releasing stagnant energy you’ll gain relief from emotional fear. The warmth of this sunny cleansing stone will fill you with vitality and playfulness. A new sense of self-confidence will help you to achieve your full potential as you move forward in life.
Orange calcite is a wonderful stone for balancing your sexual energies. It was once even considered to be an aphrodisiac, due to its association with the Sacral Chakra, which is the centre for passion and sensuality.
Orange calcite’s healing energy will unleash your sexual energies so they can flow freely. You’ll then feel an inner confidence in your self-being, as well as within relationships.
Tip: Want to learn more about crystal healing? Click here for a full list of all my crystal articles.
Examples of Orange Calcite Jewellery and Crystals
Which Chakras Are Associated With Orange Calcite?
Orange calcite is closely associated with two of the lower Chakras: Sacral and Solar Plexus. It acts as a cleanser for both these Chakras, which provides a number of benefits.
The Sacral Chakra is the centre for creative energies and emotional balance. It’s orange in colour and is key to a healthy flow of energy throughout the body.
If the Sacral Chakra is unbalanced or blocked, it becomes harder to deal with important life changes. Relationships can also become unhealthy, while a lack of confidence may interfere with your creative passions.
Orange calcite has a warm nurturing quality that’s emotionally encouraging. It supports you by energising and cleansing the Sacral Chakra, which will encourage confidence and a healthy energy flow.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus is the centre for mastering your personal power. This “fire” centre is yellow in colour and provides confidence, drive and enthusiasm to reach your goals.
Unfortunately, the Solar Plexus has the opposite effect when it’s blocked, leaving you with low motivation and confidence. An imbalance could also cause you to feel irritable or tired.
Orange calcite carries the healing properties of the Sun. It clears and activates this important Energy Centre, giving you the self-belief to keep moving forward towards your goals.
Which Zodiac Signs Are Associated With Orange Calcite?
Calcite is a birthstone for the zodiac sign of Cancer. It’s also a stone for Cancer’s ruling planet (Moon), making it a great choice for this star sign.
Most Cancerians have an enormous capacity to love and care for everyone around them. You’re sensitive and intuitive, placing great value on close friends. Orange calcite supports these values and helps you to move towards your life purpose.
Like all zodiac signs, Cancerians can also face challenges. If the Chakras are unbalanced, insecurity and moodiness may become a problem. Overcautiousness can also interfere with a Cancerian’s ability to achieve goals.
As orange calcite is closely connected with the Sacral Chakra and Solar Plexus, it’s great for boosting your confidence and rebalancing negative emotions. It also integrates your spiritual aspects with the physical body, allowing joy and positivity to flow through you.
Although orange calcite isn’t included in my article about the best healing crystals for Leo, it’s still an important crystal for this energetic fire sign.
Most Leos are confident and warm-hearted. They’re also born leaders, with the ability to inspire greatness in others. Orange calcite is a highly energising stone that supports these traits, while also enhancing a Leo’s creative energy.
With the Sun as the ruling planet, Leos sometimes allow pride or stubbornness to interfere with their decision-making skills. Orange calcite removes emotional toxins that could interfere with your decisions, making it an excellent crystal to keep in the house or office.
How to Care for Orange Calcite
Orange calcite is a soft mineral, so it needs careful handling to protect it from being scratched.
Avoid cleaning orange calcite with harsh substances like salt, acids, or vinegar. This risks causing a cloudy surface or even dissolving the crystal. Instead, use an air duster or a soft cloth to remove dust or dirt.
As this is a fragile healing stone, it’s unwise to carry orange calcite in a pocket or pouch, particularly with other crystals. Similarly, I recommend storing orange calcite separately from other crystals to avoid scratching. I like to wrap it in a natural material prior to storing in a wooden box to keep it safe.
Orange calcite is also sensitive to heat. While it’s a sunny crystal that loves a sun bath, don’t leave it in direct sunlight for more than an hour or two.
Can Orange Calcite Get Wet?
Orange calcite registers as three on the Mohs Hardness Scale. The maximum is 10, which makes calcite a relatively soft crystal.
Softer crystals are more likely to be damaged by water. As a rule of thumb, any crystal that’s five or under is unsuitable for being cleansed in water or making elixirs. Instead, use a soft and dry cloth to clean orange calcite.
How to Cleanse Orange Calcite
As crystals can absorb negative energy from people or the environment, it’s important to cleanse them. Although orange calcite isn’t suitable for cleansing in water, there are many other methods, such as:
- Sunlight – Orange calcite loves a sun bath, so you can place it either on a windowsill or outside in direct light for up to two hours. I like to sit it on a natural material, such as wood, or place it directly on the earth. Sunlight will invigorate your crystal while clearing any negativity.
- Smudging – This ancient cleansing method uses the smoke of burning herbs to remove negative energy. You can choose from a variety of incense sticks, dried herbs, or smudge sticks for this purpose. Place the herb or bundle in a natural fire proof container, such as an abalone shell, and light (if a flame appears blow it out so it smoulders). Hold the orange calcite crystal over the smoke for 20-30 seconds.
- Larger Crystals – Some healing crystals, such as large amethyst geodes, make excellent gemstones for purifying orange calcite. Place your orange calcite stone inside the geode for 24 hours or longer. This will allow it to be cleansed and recharged. If you’re concerned that the geode or orange calcite may get scratched, use natural cloth for protection. Another option is to lay your orange calcite on a clear quartz cluster for at least 6 hours.
For more cleansing methods and tips, please read my full guide to cleansing a crystal.
How to Protect Orange Calcite When Travelling
Orange calcite can be a wonderful crystal to take travelling, but its soft structure means it’s easily damaged.
So, in order to protect it, I first wrap my orange calcite crystal in a dark silk or natural material. This helps to keep it free from negative energies while travelling. If your crystal has a point, cover this with blu-tac first to prevent it from being broken.
I then either enclose it with bubble wrap or, if I don’t have any to hand, any other thick material, such as a towel. This absorbs any knocks or bangs the crystal may encounter.
Finally, I place the crystal into a hard container, such as a box. This provides extra protection.
Once you arrive at your destination, unwrap the orange calcite carefully and cleanse it before use.
Tips for Using Orange Calcite
Orange calcite’s uplifting energy resonates with motivation, creativity and success. Here are a few ways you can use orange calcite:
- As orange calcite is associated with the Sacral Chakra, place a natural orange calcite crystal on this Energy Centre. This will have a strong balancing and motivational effect.
- Freshly mined orange calcite is soft before it gets treated, making it a great crystal for jewellery or being carved into simple shapes. As this crystal has a slower vibration, wear it throughout the day so it can work on your energy system.
- Keep a piece of orange calcite in your pocket for extra confidence.
- Orange calcite resonates with the creative side of your personality. Have a piece of natural stone or a carved shape placed in your workspace when brainstorming ideas or embarking on a new project. You can also hold a piece of orange calcite in your non-dominant hand while you work creatively.
- As orange calcite has a calming effect, keep it close by during meetings or in the workplace to reduce tension between colleagues.
- This sunny, warm crystal is wonderful to meditate with. It’ll help you to release past traumas and bring extra joy into your life. Hold it in your hand or place it on your Sacral Chakra before you start.
- I love to place an orange calcite grid beneath or around my bed. Its gentle energy won’t disturb your sleep, but provides extra vitality and motivation if you’ve a long day ahead.
- Orange calcite will support you when starting new habits, such as healthy eating. A piece placed in your kitchen will radiate joy and a positive outcome.
- I love using orange calcite when doing either written or vocal affirmations to keep my Sacral Chakra open. Affirmations such as ‘I am comfortable with who I am, I love my body’ or ‘I am confident with nurturing and expressing my emotions and feelings’ are amongst my favourites. Also, ‘My creative essence flows through me and is part of my beauty,’ or ‘I radiate joy and happiness.’
Can Orange Calcite Be Used With Other Crystals?
Orange calcite is a stunning crystal on its own, but you can also pair it with other crystals when targeting a specific intention. Aside from the other calcites, here are a few crystals that I think work beautifully with orange calcite:
- Sapphire – Orange calcite and sapphire combine to enhance psychic skills and ease mental tension. Sapphire embodies the energies of wisdom, sincerity and balance. It reduces unhelpful thoughts, giving you a new sense of inner knowing. The powerful energy amplifier of orange calcite, combined with its ability to integrate the physical body with the spiritual realms, heightens psychic awareness.
- Iron Pyrite – Combine orange calcite with iron pyrite if you want to improve your confidence and open up new possibilities. Orange calcite’s fire energy removes fear and promotes creativity. Iron pyrite complements these properties with its grounding energy that stimulates and stabilises the Solar Plexus.
- Carnelian – Orange calcite and carnelian resonate with the Sacral Chakra, the centre for creative energies. They are also both Stones for Creativity. This makes them a powerful combination for inspiring creativity and pushing you to reach your full potential.
Which Angels Are Associated With Orange Calcite?
Angels love to support us in achieving our soul purpose. The Angels I most associate with orange calcite are:
- Archangel Metatron – As one of the Ascension Angels, Archangel Metatron uses an orange cloak to ground you to your present life. He helps you to step into your own power and raises your vibration to attract more luck. This makes orange calcite a wonderful crystal to use when invoking Him.
- Archangel Azreal – This Angel is known as the ‘comforter.’ The beautiful soft energy of orange calcite resonates with Azreal. I invoke Him when facing grief or challenging emotional experiences.
- Archangel Uriel – The Archangel of Sun and Light’s name means ‘Fire of God.’ He resonates with the Solar Plexus, which is closely linked to orange calcite. I invoke Uriel for courage, confidence, and exploring hidden talents.
Guides Where I Recommend Orange Calcite
Orange calcite is one of my favourite healing crystals. It has a warm and sunny energy that has a balancing effect on your emotions. It’s also closely linked to both the Sacral Chakra and Solar Plexus, meaning it can inspire creativity, confidence, and inner power.
I like to use orange calcite for emotional balance and creativity. It has a gentle energy that makes me want to achieve my full potential. Also, it just makes me feel happy!