If you have feelings of worthlessness, lack self-belief, or suffer from low self-esteem, these nine healing crystals for confidence can help.
True confidence comes from within. It’s knowing the value you bring to others, without arrogance, conceit or self-delusion.
Most importantly, confidence is the magical ingredient for reaching your goals and fulfilling your truest potential.
In contrast, low confidence holds you back from your potential. It stops you being assertive, makes you vulnerable, and causes self-doubt.
Which are the Best Healing Stones for Confidence?
Colour: Yellow, orange, red-brown
Chakra: Solar Plexus and Sacral
Origin: USA, Norway, Canada, Greece, India, Russia
Sunstone is a master for instilling self-confidence. It resonates with the sunnier aspects of hope, light and happiness, while invigorating your Solar Plexus and Sacral Chakras.
This transforms a lack of confidence and self-belief into new levels of strength, enthusiasm and possibility. The gentle luminosity of sunstone also highlights your talents and abilities in their full glory.
Use sunstone for nurturing your leadership qualities, boosting self-empowerment and reversing feelings of failure.Buy Sunstone Bracelet
2. Spirit Quartz
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye and Solar Plexus
Origin: South Africa
Spirit quartz is one of the most beautiful crystals for confidence. It naturally dissolves self-imposed limitations caused by a lack of confidence, allowing you to achieve more than you ever thought possible.
As a cluster crystal, spirit quartz radiates energy in every direction. This makes it useful in an office or group environment, where negative comments, fear and self-doubt can rock your confidence. Spirit quartz can also encourage team building and harmony between co-workers and families.
Spirit quartz has truly uplifting powers and, as it’s affiliated with the Crown Chakra, can facilitate access to universal consciousness. This is a wonderful way to boost your inner awareness and knowledge.
Note: There are four colours of spirit quartz – amethyst, citrine, smoky and white. However, amethyst is the most popular and the one I’m using for this article.
3. Citrine (The Lucky Merchant’s Stone)
Colour: Yellow (ranging from pale to honey or even brown)
Chakra: Solar Plexus but also activates the Crown Chakra
Origin: Brazil, France Madagascar, Russia, UK, USA
Citrine’s vibrant, joyful energy is wonderful for increasing energy and helping you feel more positive. Low confidence and energy levels are closely linked, so by boosting one you’ll automatically improve the other.
Citrine can also release negative auric energy accumulated from other people’s negative comments and thoughts.
With its close association with the Solar Plexus, sunny citrine is a wonderful choice for improving low confidence, boosting optimism, releasing deep seated fears and putting a real spark back into your life.Buy Citrine Pendant
4. Carnelian (Stone of Creativity, Motivation, Endurance, Leadership and Courage)
Colour: Orange, Red
Chakra: Sacral, Root
Origin: India, Romania, USA, Peru, Britain, Czech Republic, Iceland, Slovakia, Brazil
Carnelian is always a favourite crystal for raising confidence and self-worth. It activates the first three chakras to encourage motivation, passion and progress in what you’re doing.
As it’s also a healing stone for creativity and courage, carnelian can help you overcome self-worth and confidence issues (click for more examples of stones for courage).
This may be useful when attending interviews or other stressful situations. It also encourages self-belief when focusing on creative tasks.
Tip for Using Carnelian: Make a carnelian elixir to sip throughout the day. This will help you to remain in the confidence zone whilst at work.Buy Carnelian Pendant
5. Orange Calcite
Origin: Mexico, Croatia
Orange calcite has a wonderfully warm energy that promotes a sense of fun, playfulness and confidence.
It’s an energy amplifier and mover. As such, it’s invaluable for soothing the Sacral Chakra, where stagnant creative or sexual energy may cause a blockage. Clearing these blockages boosts your motivation, talents and confidence.
If you need to brainstorm ideas, break old patterns, expand your business, overcome financial challenges or soothe awkwardness in social situations, orange calcite can fill you with the confidence you need.
Tip for Using Orange Calcite: Orange calcite is one of the easiest crystals to make into jewellery. Wear a piece over the Sacral Chakra or keep in your pocket for extra confidence throughout the day.
6. Red Jasper (The Supreme Nurturer, Stone of Endurance)
Chakra: Root and Sacral
Red jasper is a brilliant crystal if you suffer from feelings of worthlessness. It stimulates your Root Chakra, to boost confidence, encourage self-honesty and highlight your unique skills and attributes.
This crystal can also help reinstate boundaries when emotional pressures and even domestic violence have eroded them, giving you the strength and courage to move forward.
Although red jasper has a fiery energy, its powers are gentle – it’ll take things slowly if that’s what you want. This Supreme Nurturer will alsoguide you to release negative feelings and energy, whilst keeping you grounded.Buy Red Jasper Elephant
7. Rose Quartz (Stone of Unconditional Love)
Origin: USA, Japan, India, Brazil, Madagascar, South Africa, Argentina, Mexico
Rose quartz is one of my favourite crystals for imbuing self-love and emotional care – but it’s not traditionally a confidence crystal.
I still recommend it to people who suffer from low self-confidence though. Rose quartz helps you to accept yourself and the value you can bring to others, which is vital for attracting love. This, in turn, boosts your confidence – especially if you consider yourself unworthy of love.
8. Amazonite (Stone of Hope, Success, Abundance and Courage)
Colour: Turquoise Green
Chakra: Heart and Throat
Origin: Brazil, Russia, India, USA, Madagascar
Amazonite is a powerful crystal. It acts like a plug to prevent your confidence leaking away, while soothing fears and worries that can suppress confidence.
It’s a Stone of Hope and Success, so generates optimism and trust in your abilities.
Amazonite is also known as a Stone of Courage. What better combination of attributes could a gem have when wanting to build confidence?Buy Amazonite Tumble Stones
9. Tiger’s Eye (Stone of the Mind)
Colour: Brown, Yellow, Red
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Sacral, Root
Origin: Mexico, USA, South Africa, Australia, India, Brazil
Tiger’s eye is inspirational for boosting self-confidence. It brings mental focus and the ability to reason through decisions, leading to greater confidence in your judgement.
It also has metaphysical properties that are sometimes described as a “nurturing bodyguard with insight and perception.” How could this not boost your confidence levels?
If you’re up against a tough decision, are allowing fear to hinder your progress, or need a boost in self-confidence, then tiger’s eye, by synthesising the earth and sun energies, will inspire you.
Tip for Using Tiger’s Eye: Tiger’s eye is a good stone to meditate with. It fills you with confidence and the ability to see with 20/20 vision when meditating on a particular goal or problem.
BONUS HEALING CRYSTAL: Septarian (Dragon Stone)
Septarian is a mixture of calcite, aragonite and limestone that uses its fiery breath to boost independence and self-examination.
Coming from the Latin saeptum, meaning wall or enclosure, septarian encourages you to overcome procrastination and lack of self-confidence, so you can seize your dreams and start to make them happen.
Septarian also has a nurturing nature that gives confidence when public speaking. If you suffer from anxiety when speaking in front of crowds, it’s a wonderful crystal to keep in your pocket.
Tip: If you suffer from anxiety, you may also want to read my page about the best crystals for anxiety.
Other Tips for Using Crystals for Confidence
- One of the best ways to use crystals to raise confidence is to meditate with them. When you meditate, you stop negative thoughts and self-talk that impacts self belief and confidence. Hold a crystal of your choice, or surround yourself with confidence boosting crystals, to ensure your meditation is even more powerful.
- Wearing crystal jewellery is a wonderful way to boost confidence, as it remains in touch with your body throughout the day. If you need more confidence in speaking or to stabilise emotional poise, an amazonite necklace worn over the Throat Chakra will facilitate this. A sunstone ring will fill you with trust in your own abilities. You can also wear a carnelian bracelet to boost self worth.
- Daily affirmations help to boost confidence. Negative thoughts can be self-fulfilling and affirmations are the reverse of this. Holding a crystal for confidence, or placing it over the relevant Chakra, can make affirmations even more powerful.
- When you’re in the workplace, negative energies can drain your confidence levels. A way to overcome this is to sip an elixir made with a crystal for confidence throughout the day.
- Crystal grids are wonderful for improving confidence levels. By setting your intention of increasing confidence first, you have a focus for your grid. There are many geometric shapes to lay them in to give more power to your intention.
Which Angels are Associated with Confidence?
Confidence comes from within – it isn’t a gift someone else can give you. You can invoke angels to work with you when trying to boost your confidence though.
The angels I most associate with confidence are:
- Archangel Michael – Archangel Michael is my first choice for promoting confidence. He reassures and helps you to believe in yourself. If you’re doubting your own strengths and abilities, or are heading in to a new phase of your life, Archangel Michael is there to support you.
- Archangel Uriel – The Archangel of Sun and Light works through the Solar Plexus, which is associated with confidence and courage. Archangel Uriel resonates with sunstone and tiger’s eye.
- Archangel Jophiel – Archangel Jophiel is the guardian for finding our true role in life. This angel wears a yellow cloak and helps slow down our lives and develop a better mindset. If you need to feel more optimistic or confident, Archangel Jophiel can help you. Again, sunstone creates a perfect connection.
Life can become a struggle if you have low confidence. Self-doubt sabotages your goals, and makes everything from social events to career decisions difficult.
The good news is that energising and balancing your chakras you can reverse low self-confidence. These nine crystals will uplift your energy and confidence levels, enabling you to achieve your goals and reach your full potential.
My favourite crystal for instilling confidence is sunstone. It has a light, happy energy that makes me feel I can do just about anything. It empowers me to trust in my own abilities and gives the confidence to make decisions.