Do you want to strengthen your Scorpio qualities? Or are your secretive or controlling traits interfering with your life? These nine crystals for Scorpios can help.
If you were born between October 23rd and November 21st, you fall into the zodiac sun sign of Scorpio, the eighth sign of the zodiac.
Many Scorpios are independent, passionate and intelligent, so they are ideal leaders. Scorpios also tend to make wonderful friends, as they are sociable and loyal.
Scorpio is ruled by both Pluto and Mars. Pluto represents regeneration, psychic energies and intuition, while Mars represents self-mastery and control. It’s this combination that provides a Scorpio's fiery passion - but can sometimes cause internal conflict and contradiction.
As a water sign, Scorpios are sensitive and insightful. But possessive or controlling traits can be the “sting in the tail” should they become unbalanced.
Healing crystals and gemstones are a wonderful way to reduce the undesirable aspects and enhance the positives. The nine crystals for Scorpio below are the ones recommend for this star sign.
Which are the Best Crystals and Stones for Scorpio?
1. Aquamarine (Stone of Courage and Protection)
Colour: Pale blue/green
Origin: Brazil, Madagascar, USA, Russia, Mexico, India, Afghanistan, Mozambique
Aquamarine is the birthstone (Sun sign) for Scorpio. Its name comes from the Latin, Aqua Marinus, meaning ‘water of the sea,’ and it has a gentle, calming nature at times of crisis.
A Scorpio’s fiery temperament can be hostile if provoked. Aquamarine, being one of the most powerful Throat Chakra crystals, will help calm an argument and release anger.
As a Stone of Courage, this crystal supports intellect and will give you confidence to try something new. Combine that with its mystical powers, and you have the perfect crystal for inner strength and fortitude.
Notes: Aquamarine may fade in sunlight. The deeper the colour, the more expensive the stone. Blue topaz may be mistaken for aquamarine.
2. Golden Yellow Topaz (Crystal of Potency, True Love & Success)
Colour: Golden Yellow
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Sacral
Origin: Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Australia, Madagascar, Myanmar, Russia, Africa, Sri Lanka, USA
Golden yellow topaz is the crystal of Scorpio's ruling planet, Pluto. As the planet of mystery and renewal, this crystal focuses you on achieving new goals.
Manifestation, in its broadest sense, is a spiritual endeavour. Scorpio, being one of the most spiritual star signs in the zodiac, resonates beautifully with this crystal’s power of manifestation and success. It also aligns with the energy of Christ Consciousness.
This sunny crystal also gives abundant energy for fun loving Scorpions, promoting loyalty and friendship.
Notes: Topaz are graded by cut, colour, clarity and carat weight. Also known as Imperial Topaz.
3. Sodalite (Harmonising Stone)
Colour: Blue with white flecks
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Greenland, Brazil, Romania, France, Canada, India, Namibia
Scorpios have complicated and powerful emotions. These are part of their passionate nature, but can sometimes be overwhelming. Sodalite, with its calming energy, balances your energies and makes you feel centred.
Sodalite’s mind-centred energy stimulates intelligence and quietens distracting thoughts. When feeling jealous or controlling, sodalite eases the need to over-analyse and gives you a better perspective.
Also, as this crystal is affiliated with the Throat Chakra, it’ll help you to express your feelings with empathy rather than anger.
Tip for Using Sodalite: Meditate with sodalite when worries are interfering with your focus. This quietens your mind and allows you to concentrate.
4. Smoky Quartz (Stone of Cooperation)
Colour: Light to Dark Smokey Grey/Brown
Chakra: Root, Crown
Scorpios are sensitive and secretive people who tend to bottle up their emotions. Smokey quartz has a powerful grounding energy that will free you from emotional baggage and allow you to move forward.
Being Scorpio’s Ascendant crystal, Smokey Quartz also enhances your psychic abilities. So, if you feel trapped in a situation, smokey quartz’ influence will reconnect your intuitive skills.
Negativity such as fear, anger, resentment and anxiety hang heavily on your aura. Use this high vibrational crystal to protect yourself and put you in touch with the truth.
5. Rhodochrosite (Stone for Selfless Love, Compassionate Heart & Inner Child)
Colour: Pink, Orange
Chakra: Root, Solar Plexus, Heart
Origin: Russia, Argentina, USA, Uruguay, South Africa
Rhodochrosite is a natural birthstone for the zodiac sign of Scorpio. As the sign associated with success, this rose-pink crystal supports new beginnings and manifestation.
Like all Heart Centred crystals, rhodochrosite has a wonderful loving vibration. But I particularly love the energy of this crystal for Scorpios, as it promotes self-love and joyful happiness.
Being the stone of Selfless Love and Compassionate Heart, rhodochrosite helps emotional healing on a deep level. As Scorpios can be self-critical, it’ll also teach courage and forgiveness.
Tip for Using Rhodochrosite: Wear rhodochrosite in a necklace to connect with your inner child and heal childhood wounding.
6. Rutilated Quartz
Colour: Clear with strands of Rutile
A rutilated quartz crystal contains quartz combined with titanium oxide inclusions. This makes it a powerful crystal for amplification and energetic healing. By clearing away stagnant or negative energy, it’ll also enhance your manifesting skills.
This stone resonates with people who have the Scorpio moon sign, and is wonderful for connecting with higher consciousness. It’ll ensure your best Scorpio qualities shine through as you awaken spiritually.
Scorpios love commitment, as it makes them feel secure. They also worry that people may be talking about them. So, use this crystal if you sense paranoia creeping into your sense of balance. This will release self-doubt and insecurity.
Tip for Using Rutilated Quartz: Gaze at the strands of Rutile in quartz during your meditation practice. It’ll focus your intentions and develop psychic strength, particularly clairsentience.
7. Malachite (Stone of Transformation)
Chakra: Heart, Throat
Origin: Romania, Zambia, Russia, Germany, Middle East
Malachite is a wonderful crystal for Scorpio’s ever-changing energy. As a water sign, you’d expect constant movement, and this crystal will protect you through the journey. This could be travelling physically, undertaking life-changing decision, or altered perceptions.
As a Stone of Transformation, malachite encourages you to take responsibility for your own actions. Scorpios are naturally decisive, but emotional hurt can damage this self-trust. Use malachite’s energy to connect with your own intuition and guidance at these times.
Malachite has an intense energy - much like Scorpios themselves - so be careful if you find it overpowering.
8. Citrine (The Lucky Merchant’s Stone)
Colour: Yellow, ranging from pale to honey or even brown
Chakra: Solar Plexus but also activates the Crown Chakra
Origin: Brazil, France, Madagascar, Russia, UK, USA
Citrine has a positive, sunny energy that compliments the energetic Scorpio. As a traditional birthstone for Scorpio, its characteristics promote hope, luck and faithfulness.
This crystal also vibrates at the frequency for November, which gives it extra meaning for Scorpio. It radiates warmth that’ll dissipate anger and vicious thoughts. Also, if you’re a people pleaser, citrine teaches you to value yourself.
Scorpios can manifest easily. They are determined and work hard to achieve it. Citrine will attract positive outcomes, particularly if it involves money.
Note: Natural citrine is usually a pale yellow in colour and rare. Most citrine gemstones are heat-treated amethyst.
9. Ruby (Stone of Nobility)
Chakra: Heart, Root
Origin: Mexico, Madagascar, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Russia, Cambodia, Thailand
Passion is a Scorpio’s trademark. This can be passion for creative projects, new beginnings or relationships. Ruby’s vibrant red colour resonates with this energy beautifully and promotes a courageous attitude.
Throughout history, ruby has been honoured for its life-giving energy, and has been associated with blood and reproduction. It also links with the Root Chakra energy which increases vitality and stimulates the kundalini.
This is a sensual zodiac sign, so use a ruby gemstone to fire up your libido, increase fertility or deepen the closeness in your love life.
Other Tips for Using Scorpio Crystals
Healing crystal are a beautiful way to enhance Scorpion qualities and lessen their less desirable aspects.
Here are a few ways you can use a Scorpio stone:
- Using healing stones while you meditate will deepen your practice. Crystals, aligned to Scorpio, will improve focus and create a calm mind. You can either hold one in your hand or place it over the relevant Chakra.
- Keep crystals within your auric energy field by wearing crystal jewellery. Wear aquamarine or sodalite in a necklace, for example, if you want to enhance communication. For passion, wear ruby in necklaces, rings, bracelets or cufflinks.
- Scorpio is associated with the Sacral Chakra and Solar Plexus, so keep crystals in your pockets to ensure they stay close to the relevant energy centre.
- Scorpios love surrounding themselves with beautiful objects. So, what could be more appropriate than placing crystals around your home? This will enhance your qualities and help you to remain grounded, whilst assisting anyone else who lives there.
- If you’re struggling to feel passionate at work, surround your office or workspace with crystals to boost your creativity and passion for a project.
- Elixirs are a good way to absorb the energetic frequency of a Scorpio crystal. Not all crystals are suitable or safe to use in elixirs though.
- Crystal singing bowls are a lovely way to introduce the healing frequencies of crystals. Scorpio resonates with the frequency of G (Solar Plexus).
- By placing several crystals in a grid around your bed, the healing energy becomes more powerful. Choose stones for Scorpio that are relevant to your intention.
- Manifesting is a lovely way that crystals can help you, so put a crystal in your purse, wallet or cash register.
- Crystals for Scorpio blend beautifully with the Feng Shui principle. Place rhodochrosite and ruby in the love and relationship corner. Put a piece of citrine in the left corner of your house for attracting wealth and prosperity.
Which Angels are Associated with Scorpio?
These are the angels that I like to invoke when using crystals for Scorpio:
- Archangel Barakiel - This angel’s name means God’s Blessing. He is the perfect angel to invoke for creative passions. Archangel Barakiel will bring you luck and good fortune, particularly when undertaking a new project. Use either coral or aqua coloured crystals with this angel.
- Archangel Azrael - As the angel for Scorpio and the ruling planet Pluto, invoke Azrael when the powerful influences of this star sign are overwhelming. Yellow calcite resonates with this angel.
- Archangel Jeremiel - As an angel that can help with developing psychic abilities, Jeremiel resonates with people born under the Scorpio star sign. Jeremiel is also is great for helping a Scorpio's paranoia. The high vibration of Amethyst is a good crystal to use when invoking this angel for enhanced spiritual abilities.
- Archangel Phuel - This angel's water energy is perfect for Scorpios to gain calming thoughts and balance emotions. Use aquamarine when invoking this angel.
- Archangel Haniel - This angel of love, called Glory of God, links with coral and moonstone. He is also associated with the Heart Chakra, along with pink and green crystals. Haniel is the Angel of Passion, Grace and Harmony, and is a lovely angel for people born under the Scorpio birth sign.
Summary and My Favourite Scorpio Gemstone
As a Scorpio, your qualities and traits are influenced by the Sun, Moon, Ruling Planets and Ascendant. Different crystals resonate with each of these.
By using the right Scorpio crystals, you can enhance the wonderful traits of this star sign and minimise the negative aspects.
My favourite crystal for Scorpio is rhodochrosite. Its heart-warming nature promotes feelings of self-love when I’m healing emotionally. I also love that it brings the energy of success when moving forward.
About the Author: Mary Ancillette
Mary is a spiritual teacher, published author and therapist from the UK. She's passionate about helping others improve their lives through harnessing the power of crystals and spirituality.