Do you want to strengthen your Taurus qualities? Or are negative traits, such as a dislike of change or stubbornness, interfering with your life? These nine crystals for Taurus can help.
If you were born between April 21st and May 20th, you fall into the zodiac sun sign of Taurus, the second zodiac sign.
People born under this Earth star sign are practical, generous, and trustworthy. They make wonderful friends and colleagues. As Taurus is ruled by Venus, the planet of love and beauty, Taureans also make loyal romantic partners.
Like all star signs, Taureans sometimes struggle with negative traits too. Some Taureans, for example, have a natural tendency to be overprotective or jealous in relationships.
Healing crystals are a wonderful way to reduce undesirable aspects and enhance positive Taurean traits. The nine crystals below are my favourite for this star sign.
Which are the Best Stones for Taurus?
1. Emerald (Stone of Successful Love and Infinite Patience)
Origin: Brazil, Egypt, Russia, Columbia, Africa, India, Zimbabwe
Emerald is the birthstone (Sun sign) for Taurus and the month of May. Known as the Stone of Successful Love, it encourages loyalty and patience. If you lack security in a professional or romantic relationship, it’s a brilliant healing crystal to use.
Emerald is also the stone for Venus, which is Taurus’ ruling planet. Venus is typically associated with love, but this planet also rules money and self-worth, which compliments Taurus’ love of luxury and financial acumen.
2. Blue Kyanite (High Vibration Stone)
Colour: Blue Streaked with White
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: USA, Italy, Brazil, India, Austria
Blue kyanite is a beautiful moon stone for Taurus that encourages you to find your true voice. By balancing the upper Chakras, blue kyanite helps you to speak up for your beliefs.
As a high vibrational crystal, blue kyanite is also fabulous for enhancing awareness, intuitive abilities and mental thought. This stone is useful when dealing with difficult people or when you’re reluctant to express yourself for fear of upsetting the situation.
With its earthy, calm nature, you’ll gain confidence to venture into new beginnings, without worrying what other people think.
3. Boji Stone
Colour: Grey, Brown
Origin: Kansas, USA
Boji stones are a Taurus’ ascendant stone. They usually come in pairs, with a masculine ridged boji stone and a smoother feminine stone.
These stones have a strong connection to Earth, so they promote grounding and help to balance the yin-yang energy. If you’re feeling insecure, boji stones are a wonderful addition to your gemstone collection.
Also, stubbornness or lethargy can hold a Taurus back from achieving their dreams. These stones power you forward again, breaking through blockages that have held you back. The male stone will help you to take practical steps, whilst the feminine will maintain your security and stability.
Tip for Using Boji Stones: Boji stones will help you to stay focused on your practice in your meditation. Hold the ridged male stone in your right hand and the smoother female in your left hand.
4. Rose Quartz (Stone of Unconditional Love)
Origin: USA, Japan, India, Brazil, Madagascar, South Africa, Argentina, Mexico
Rose quartz is the crystal for love. By balancing the Heart Chakra, it opens your heart to love from family, friends, romantic partners, and yourself.
Balancing the Heart Chakra can also soothe feelings of inadequacy that may lead to jealousy or over-protectiveness. Combined with rose quartz’ ability to promote compassion and forgiveness, this makes it the perfect stone for rebuilding trust in a relationship.
Tip: To learn more about how crystals affect the Heart Chakra, read my guide to the best Heart Chakra stones.
Colour: Clear, Brown, White, Yellow, Pink, Brown, Green
Origin: Brazil, Australia, South Africa, India Russia, Venezuela
Diamond is the hardest element in the crystal kingdom and the gemstone for the month of April. It’s a fabulous stone for reaffirming romantic commitments and is commonly used in engagement rings.
It’s a particularly important stone for Taurus, as diamond can enhance a Taurean’s natural sense of loyalty and devotion.
Also, this highly-valued crystal clears mental blockages that can hold you back. It recycles stale energy into excitement, making it wonderful for a Taurus who wishes to start a new project.
6. Peridot (Study Stone)
Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus
Origin: Brazil, USA, Egypt, Russia, Ireland, Sri Lank, Canary Islands
Peridot is a Taurus moon stone. This crystal’s unique power can help eliminate negative characteristics that stop you achieving your dream life.
Born under the sun sign of Taurus, you may hold yourself back through rigid beliefs, fear of change and feelings of jealousy. Once you gain a level of comfort, you tend to stop moving forward.
Peridot’s light energy will encourage a more positive outlook. It’ll help you to accept that change is exciting rather than scary.
Also, peridot is an excellent stone for overcoming emotional blocks and jealousy. This will help you to admit your mistakes and offer forgiveness.
7. Rhodonite (Stone of Self Love and Unconditional Love)
Colour: Pink, Red
Chakra: Heart, Root
Origin: Sweden, Germany, Mexico, Spain, Russia, Brazil
Rhodonite is the Stone of Self Love and helps Taureans to love themselves.
People born under the sun sign of Taurus can sometimes lack self-esteem and confidence. Rhodonite is an emotional balancer that empowers you and prevents self-sabotaging behaviours.
This crystal is also known as a rescue stone. It’s wonderful for clearing away emotional wounds from the past. This will reignite a Taurus’ gentle nature and love of self, and help you to reach your full potential.
8. Kunzite (Stone of Emotion)
Colour: Pink, Lilac, Clear
Origin: Madagascar, Brazil, USA, Afghanistan, Myanmar
People born under the zodiac sign of Taurus love tranquillity. They dislike upset and emotional turmoil.
Kunzite, with its passion for honest expression of emotions, will help you to make peace with the past.
This is a high vibrational crystal that activates the Heart Chakra. It embodies the spirit of love and encourages loving communication with yourself and others.
Colour: Brown, Yellow
Chakra: Base, Sacral
Copper is a powerful mineral with an energy that’s similar to the Earth sun sign of Taurus.
It activates the Base and Sacral Chakras. This allows Taureans to feel more secure, whilst promoting their sensual nature. As an energy mover, it’ll also help you to overcome laziness.
Copper is also a fabulous conduit for spiritual energies. If you want to develop your intuition and sense of self, it’s a great addition to your collection.
Tips for Using Crystals and Gemstones for Taurus
Healing crystals are a wonderful way to enhance Taurus qualities and reduce the less desirable aspects.
These are some of the ways you can use a Taurus stone:
- Wear crystals in jewellery so their energies stay within your auric field. Rose quartz and emerald are particularly effective in a pendant, for example, to encourage self-love or loyalty in a relationship.
- Taureans love luxury, so place crystals for Taurus around your home. This will enhance your qualities and help you to feel secure, whilst assisting other people who live there.
- Crystal singing bowls are a beautiful way to benefit from the healing frequency of crystals. Taurus resonates with the frequency C# (Base Chakra)
- Use healing stones for Taurus as you meditate. This will deepen your practice, improve focus and calm your mind. For example, blue kyanite will open your Third Eye. This will help you to feel more balanced, improve communication and enable you to step away from materialism.
- Carry stones for Taurus in your pocket. As a sign that’s affiliated with the Base Chakra, this will help with your strong determination, stability and reliability.
- Elixirs are wonderful ways to stay hydrated while absorbing the healing qualities of Taurus crystals. Not all crystals are suitable for elixirs though.
Which Angels are Associated With Taurus?
These are the Angels that I like to invoke when using crystals for Taurus:
- Guardian Angel Tuel – This is the Guardian Angel of Taurus. Tuel inspires your patient and dependable nature, whilst giving you the strength to say “no” when necessary. Green or pink crystals resonate with Guardian Angel Tuel.
- Archangel Haniel – Archangel Haniel is the Ruling Angel for Venus. He is one of my favourite Angels to invoke for self-love. I use rose quartz, moonstone or kunzite when invoking Haniel.
- Archangel Chamuel – This Angel’s name means ‘He Who Sees God.’ I invoke Him to promote peaceful loving relationships. Use green fluorite, red jasper, pink tourmaline or chrysoprase when calling on Chamuel.
- Angel Asmodel – Angel Asmodel rules over the zodiac sign of Taurus and is the governor of the month of April. He inspires patience, practicality and physical comfort. This Angel resonates on the pink ray and his robes are green and turquoise. So, I use peridot, kunzite, rose quartz, pink mangano calcite, malachite or emerald when I invoke him.
Summary and My Favourite Taurus Stone
A Taurus’s character is influenced by the Sun, Moon, Ruling Planet and Ascendant. Each of these resonates with a particular crystal. The nine crystals for taurus above are all brilliant for tapping into your loyal, dependable and patient character.
My favourite crystal for Taurus is emerald. Its rich colour emphasises the importance of love and infinite patience in my relationships. This Taurus crystal also strengthens memories and fills me with contentment.