Scolecite is a beautiful crystal associated with inner peace and astral travel. Keep reading to learn more about scolecite’s healing properties, zodiac signs, and chakras.
Scolecite is a tranquil stone that’s linked with the Crown Chakra and Third Eye. It has a high vibration that induces a deep sense of inner peace. This makes it a wonderful crystal for astral travel, meditation, or spiritual transformation.
In this article, I’ll discuss scolecite healing properties and my favourite ways to use it. You’ll also learn how to cleanse and care for scolecite.
What is Scolecite?
|Colour||White, Colourless, Peach, Pink, Yellow, Green|
|Chakras||Crown, Third Eye|
|Origin||India, Iceland, Scotland, USA, Brazil, Switzerland, Italy|
Scolecite is a form of zeolite (silicate found in igneous rock) with a hardness of 5-5.5. It’s commonly found in cavities or cracks in basaltic lava and granites. There are significant deposits in India and Iceland. It’s also found in Scotland, USA, and Brazil.
This crystal typically forms in thin needles with lengths up to 35cm. It can also sometimes be found in fibrous masses, but this structure is less common.
Scolecite is usually colourless or white, with an appearance that ranges from transparent to opaque. But trace minerals can cause it to appear orange, peach, pink, red, yellow, or green.
Scolecite is linked to the Third Eye and Crown Chakra. It’s also a gentle stone that has a high vibration.
This combination makes it a powerful crystal for spirituality, including assisting with inner peace, meditation, and astral travelling. Scolecite is also useful for opening your Heart Centre, imbuing you with a sense of self-love.
Aside from its spiritual meanings, scolecite provides a number of physical benefits. For example, it can calm the mind, enhance memory, and help with sleep.
Scolecite Healing Properties
Inner Peace & Meditation
Scolecite is known as a Stone of Inner Peace. It’s a calming stone that wards against negativity, which often leads to feelings of fear and anxiety.
This crystal is also a powerful stone for meditation. It keeps you grounded during meditation, which helps ease feelings of stress or emotional discomfort. Scolecite also connects you with higher guidance, so you can gain information from the spiritual realms.
As well as aiding spiritual communication, scolecite encourages relaxation before and during sleep. This makes it a good choice if you struggle with sleep disturbances or insomnia.
Scolecite’s high vibration awakens the higher mind and facilitates astral travelling. Its energy also resonates with the Third Eye and Crown Chakra, which raises consciousness when travelling.
While inducing a deep sense of relaxation, scolecite protects you from negative astral influences. This helps to ease your transition into astral travel. Scolecite is also excellent at guiding you, making it easier to connect with entities and communicate with other worlds.
A bonus is that scolecite assists with bringing back memories to the present moment. Many people struggle to remember their astral travel experiences, which is why scolecite is one of the best crystals for this spiritual practice.
Self-Love & Compassion
Scolecite is a Stone of Kindness that inspires self-love. It also stimulates the Heart Chakra and clears stagnant energy, which reduces feelings of worthlessness.
So, if you struggle to be kind and compassionate to yourself, then scolecite is an uplifting crystal to add to your collection.
By highlighting your inner beauty and clearing the Heart Chakra, scolecite also encourages honest and empathetic communication. This can improve your relationships and help to prevent conflict.
Which Chakras Are Associated With Scolecite?
All forms of scolecite are associated with the Crown Chakra and Third Eye. I’ve discussed how scolecite affects these chakras below.
However, some variations of scolecite are associated with other chakras. An example is orange scolecite, which is also linked with the Sacral Chakra. I’ve listed some of the most common colours and chakras later in this section.
Scolecite opens and balances the Crown Chakra. This connection helps you connect with your higher guidance.
When the Crown Chakra is blocked or unbalanced, it can make you feel tired, critical, and disconnected from those around you. It can even cause symptoms of depression.
Through cleansing and energising the Crown Chakra, scolecite can bring positivity and happiness to your life. Unblocking this energy centre can also make it easier to find your true purpose in life.
Additionally, scolecite’s link with the Crown Chakra assists with communicating with spirit guides and angels.
Related Article: A Guide To Crystals For The Crown Chakra
The Third Eye is a mystical centre that’s associated with intuition and spiritual enlightenment. Scolecite activates this energy centre, heals your aura, and protects against negative astral energies.
Scolecite also balances the Third Eye and connects it with the Crown Chakra. This pathway links the physical world and higher consciousness, leading to improved intuition, sleep, and spiritual guidance.
Other Scolecite Colours and Chakras
All colours of scolecite provide the metaphysical healing properties I’ve mentioned in this article. However, some forms of scolecite contain additional trace minerals, which change the stone’s colour and add healing properties.
- Orange and Peach – Orange and peach colours are linked with the Solar Plexus Chakra and Sacral Chakra. These crystals are linked to creativity, energy and emotional healing.
- Pink and Green – Pink scolecite has a soft energy that’s linked to the Heart Chakra. Green scolecite is also a heart-centred colour. Both induce self-love and harmony.
- Yellow – Yellow scolecite has an affiliation with the Solar Plexus, which is our energy powerhouse. When you need the confidence to astral travel or to trust your intuition, this is a great shade of scolecite to use.
- Red – Red-to-brown scolecite is associated with the Root Chakra. These colours of scolecite are useful for grounding.
Which Zodiac Signs Are Associated With Scolecite?
Scolecite is one of my favourite crystals for Capricorns, mainly due to its ability to open the Heart Chakra.
Bringing balance to this chakra can help Capricorns overcome some of their most common struggles. These include difficulty expressing emotions and a fear of appearing weak.
How to Care for Scolecite
Scolecite isn’t a soft stone, but its brittleness and often thin structure make it easy to break or damage. For this reason, it’s important to care for scolecite correctly.
For storage, I like to loosely wrap scolecite in natural materials, such as silk. This protects the crystal from getting scratched by harder stones. It also reduces the chance of needles getting snapped.
When cleaning scolecite, I recommend avoiding household cleaners, acid, salt, or vinegar. These are corrosive and could affect the stone’s appearance.
We’ll discuss cleansing in an upcoming section, but it’s worth noting that scolecite is not water safe. It rates as a 5.5 on the Mohs hardness scale, so I prefer to use smudging or other safe methods.
Also, scolecite reacts to heat, so avoid hot temperatures.
Can Scolecite Get Wet?
No, scolecite should not go in water. Crystals rating six or above on the Mohs hardness scale are (usually) water-safe. Scolecite sits just below this at 5-5.5.
Due to scolecite’s structure, I’ve found that moisture can sometimes become trapped between the needle-like crystals. Water can damage scolecite, so avoid placing this stone in a bathroom due to the high humidity.
Tip: As a form of zeolite, scolecite contains aluminium. This can make the water toxic, so do not use this crystal to make elixirs.
How to Cleanse Scolecite
Scolecite removes and absorbs negative energy from your aura. As a result, it’s important to cleanse scolecite regularly to remove unwanted energies.
After cleansing, I also recommend charging this stone to restore its healing potential.
Smudging is my favourite method for cleansing scolecite. It’s a traditional method that uses smoke from smouldering herbs or sage to drive out negative energies.
- Select your herbs or sage. There are a variety of smudge or incense sticks, dried herbs, or wood you can use to cleanse your crystal. I tend to favour a bundle of sage, but palo santo or sweet grass are other options.
- Choose a fireproof container. You’ll need to use a natural fireproof container. Abalone shells are perfect for this purpose as they bring the element of water to the cleansing ritual.
- Light the herb or sticks. Once you’ve set your herbs alight, blow out any flames so it smoulders. Place the smouldering bundle in the fireproof container.
- Hold your scolecite crystal over the smoke. With your stone held between the thumb and forefinger, hold it over the smoke for 20-30 seconds. You can also waft the smoke over the crystal with a feather if you wish.
- Maintain your focus of cleansing. This is an important part of the process. Your intention to cleanse the piece of scolecite will ensure the process is successful.
Smudging isn’t the only way to cleanse scolecite. Here are two other methods for cleansing this stone:
- Moonlight. I love cleansing scolecite with moonlight. It’s a gentle method that cleanses and rebalances the crystal’s energy. Place your stone on a natural surface under the moonlight and cover it with a glass bowl to protect it from any moisture. You can also put it on an indoor windowsill. Leave it to cleanse throughout the night. You don’t need direct moonlight for this method.
- Larger Crystals. Several crystals can be used for cleansing. For example, selenite has a powerful energy that cleanses negative energy from scolecite. Place scolecite on a selenite slab or in a selenite bowl for 6 -24 hours. Scolecite can also be cleansed using amethyst geodes, clear quartz clusters, or citrine.
Can Scolecite Go in the Sun?
No, scolecite is not suitable to be left in sunlight. Sunlight will make this crystal more fragile and brittle.
How Do I Know If My Scolecite Is Real?
Scolecite is a fairly common stone, but it’s always sensible to be cautious of fakes. Here are a few tips for identifying a genuine scolecite crystal:
- Scolecite rates as 5-5.5 on the Mohs hardness scale, which makes it a candidate for the scratch test. However, it’s also a brittle stone, which can make the test more difficult to perform. If you test your crystal using this method, it shouldn’t take too much effort to scratch, but be mindful that it may break.
- Scolecite can resemble natrolite, particularly in smaller crystals. However, natrolite usually has a 90-degree termination at the top of the prism. Scolecite has a shallower termination angle of around 19 degrees.
- Genuine scolecite is transparent or translucent.
- This stone does not fluoresce under a light.
- When scolecite is tumbled and polished, you can see the needles inside.
How to Use Scolecite Crystals for the Best Results
Scolecite connects to higher consciousness through the Crown Chakra. Here are a few of my favourite ways to use scolecite for crystal healing:
- Scolecite enhances dream recall and interpretation. Place a tumbled stone under your pillow or keep it on the bedside table while you sleep. You can also place four scolecite pieces at each corner of your bed.
- Meditate with scolecite. Its peaceful, relaxing energy will enhance your practice. This crystal is also useful when meditating on your dreams to reach a deeper understanding of their meaning.
- Scolecite is known as a Stone of Unity. If you’re feeling alone or have lost your sense of direction, carry a piece of scolecite with you. This will reconnect you with universal energies.
- You can use visualisations with scolecite to enhance astral travelling or communication with angels or spirit guides. Hold scolecite and imagine you’re breathing through the crystal. With each in-breath, draw in white universal energies through the crystal and see it encompass your body.
- This stone is a gentle but effective aura and chakra cleanser. A scolecite grid is a powerful way to induce this form of healing. Make sure you cleanse scolecite regularly when using it for aura healing.
Scolecite can make affirmations more effective and encourage a positive mood. Here’s how I like to use scolecite when practising positive affirmations:
- Find a quiet place. Find somewhere you can sit quietly. This could be a tranquil spot in the garden, your spiritual altar, or even your yoga mat.
- Set aside time each day to practise your scolecite affirmation. By doing your affirmations at the same time each day, it helps to develop a routine.
- Align your affirmation with scolecite’s healing properties. Scolecite is great for bringing harmony and peace to stressful situations. It purifies the soul which encourages greater care of yourself and others.
- Hold scolecite and allow your Crown Chakra to open to higher consciousness. Take three deep breaths as you allow yourself to adjust to this new state of consciousness.
- Speak your affirmation confidently several times. It’s important to use the present tense and speak only using positive language. Make sure what you are reciting is achievable and realistic.
Can Scolecite Be Used With Other Crystals?
Yes, you can use scolecite with other crystals for additional healing properties.
I like to combine scolecite with other high-vibrational crystals to encourage healing, such as danburite and phenacite. You can also combine it with other members of the zeolite family.
Here are a few more examples of crystals I like to combine with scolecite:
- Larimar. Larimar and scolecite make a perfect combination for energising the Heart Chakra. They have a gentle energy that encourages you to listen to your heart. This makes them a fabulous pair to use for self-care and love.
- Amethyst. Amethyst is a Stone of Peace and Meditation. Combined with scolecite, it will bring deep inner peace.
- Moldavite. Moldavite is a powerful crystal with extra-terrestrial origins. Its energies compliment scolecite’s link with interdimensional communication. Use moldavite and scolecite together when you want a powerful astral travelling experience.
What Does a White Crystal Mean?
White crystals are associated with the Crown Chakra. As powerful stones for spiritual development, they emit serene energy that helps you to connect with higher consciousness.
Besides inducing a peaceful environment, white crystals symbolise new beginnings. Usually ruled by the moon, you’ll feel supported through grief and recent endings.
White crystals are also cleansing and can remove negativity from your energy field.
Scolecite vs Selenite
Scolecite and selenite can look similar. Both are generally white, with a transparent to opaque lustre.
Yet selenite is a much softer mineral rating at 2 on the Mohs hardness scale. Additionally, scolecite typically forms as fine needles, while selenite is found in long blades.
They both resonate with the Crown Chakra, although scolecite is linked with the Third Eye too. As high vibrational crystals they are excellent for purity, peace, meditation and connecting with the angels.
Scolecite promotes astral travelling. It also stimulates the Heart Chakra, inducing self-love and loving communication with partners.
Selenite is a powerful cleanser and, due to being the finest of vibrations, floods your aura with white light. This makes it effective for absorbing heavy, toxic energy from your aura or environment.
What is Orange Scolecite?
Orange scolecite is a rare form of scolecite. It gets its colour from trace inclusions, which link it to the Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras.
Along with the healing properties of regular scolecite, orange scolecite boosts energy, creativity, and emotional healing.
Which Angels Are Associated With Scolecite?
Scolecite is an angelic crystal that I associated with the following angels:
- Angel Aladiah – Aladiah is the Guardian Angel of Peace. His name means ‘God of Favour’. I use scolecite to invoke Him when I need to relax and slow down. His energy brings clarity, peace, and forgiveness.
- Archangel Gabriel – Known as the Messenger of God, Gabriel will empower you to listen to your heart. He will help with low self-esteem and encourage you to trust yourself. I use scolecite, which embodies the spirit of love, when invoking Gabriel for self-love.
- Archangel Uriel – Uriel is the Angel of Sun and Light. He brings peace to your relationships, while encouraging wisdom and inner awareness. I use scolecite when invoking Uriel to spread light and harmony to group situations.
Scolecite is a high vibrational crystal with a gentle energy. It’s associated with the Crown Chakra and Third Eye, making it a powerful stone for astral travel and spiritual development.
As a Stone of Inner Peace, scolecite is also a great stone for communication with the angels and enhancing meditation.
Do you have any questions about scolecite’s healing properties? Please let me know in the comments section below.