Do you want to enhance your Sagittarius qualities? Or are negative traits, such as impatience or a lack of sensitivity to others, interfering with your life? If so, these eight crystals for Sagittarius may help.
If you were born between November 22nd to December 21st, you fall into the zodiac sign of Sagittarius (the ninth sign of the zodiac). This fire sign is ruled by the planet Jupiter. It has the symbol of a Centaur, which is also known as The Archer.
People born under the Sagittarius sun sign are curious, intuitive and have a passion for exploration (both physical and spiritual.) As a sociable sign, you're a born leader, being honest, confident and trustworthy.
Like all zodiac signs, Sagittarians also face challenges. While there are many benefits to a Sagittarian’s self-confidence, there are situations where it can lead to arrogance. It may also cause unnecessary risk taking and make self-reflection more difficult.
Crystal healing is a lovely way to realign these Sagittarian traits and reduce their effect. Sagittarius stones also enhance your positive qualities. Here are my eight favourite healing crystals for Sagittarius.
Which are the Best Sagittarius Stones?
1. Lapis Lazuli (Stone of Friendship, Truth and Total Awareness)
Colour: Deep Blue
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Chile, Egypt, Middle East
Lapis lazuli is a majestic birthstone and Sagittarius Moon stone. It activates the Third Eye, bringing you wisdom and truth.
Sagittarians love to explore the depths of their spirituality. Lapis lazuli, as the Stone of Truth, enhances spiritual knowledge and encourages honest communication. By developing a profound understanding of your true self, you’ll speak from a higher state of consciousness.
Jupiter, the planet that rules Sagittarius, is also connected with lapis lazuli. The combination of this crystal and planet helps you to embrace your independence and freedom.
2. Blue Topaz
Chakra: Third Eye, Throat
Origin: Mexico, India, USA, Australia, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Japan
Blue topaz is a beautiful birthstone for Sagittarius and a stone for December. Its vibrational frequency emanates truth, which is a quality Sagittarians value in themselves and others.
Expressing emotions can sometimes feel uncomfortable for a Sagittarian. This is often a symptom of a Throat Chakra imbalance. Blue topaz stimulates this Chakra and balances emotions, so you can express yourself more confidently and honestly.
This stone will also help you to communicate ideas or solutions to problems. As a stone that enhances mental capacity, you’ll gain harmony between the mind and soul.
Note: Blue topaz helps you to communicate with clarity and is often referred to as the writer's stone. To learn more about Throat Chakra healing stones, click here.
3. Golden Yellow Topaz (Crystal of Potency, True Love & Success in All Endeavours)
Colour: Golden Yellow
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Sacral
Origin: Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Australia, Madagascar, Myanmar, Russia, Africa, Sri Lanka, USA
Golden yellow topaz is a Sun and ascendant stone for Sagittarius. Also known as Imperial topaz, it’s a fun and sunny stone for November that gives energy to a sociable Sagittarius.
As an intention amplifier, this gemstone draws like-minded people to you. It also helps to manifest anything of a spiritual nature, making it a powerful and uplifting gemstone for the Sagittarian character.
Additionally, golden yellow topaz empowers you to both recognise your own abilities and understand the positive influence you can have on others. You’ll develop a stronger compassion for other people's feelings as you work alongside them.
Colour: Black, Brown, Grey, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Rainbow, Red, Silver, Clear
Chakra: All, Dependant on Colour
Obsidian is a birthstone for Sagittarius. Formed from cooling lava, obsidian combines the elements of fire, earth and water. This makes it a powerful grounding stone.
One of the great things about obsidian is that it highlights unwanted character traits. Once these are brought to the surface, it’s much easier to reduce their impact.
Each colour of obsidian resonates with different Chakras and aspects of the Sagittarian nature. Here are four with healing properties that I find particularly helpful for Sagittarius:
- Electric-blue sheen obsidian is a gentle Third Eye stone that stimulates visions and astral travelling. It boosts your intuition and, with its expansive energy, enhances creativity. Electric blue obsidian also helps you prioritise when tackling a long-term project.
- Gold Sheen obsidian activates the Solar Plexus and aligns it with both the Third Eye and Crown Chakra. This inspires wisdom and self-reflection. Gold sheen obsidian also releases ego-based behaviours, bringing patience and balance to your energy fields.
- Black obsidian has a strong resonance with Earth. It’s a wonderful crystal to use after spiritual work. Grounding excess energy through the Root Chakra, it clears negativity that could otherwise store in your auric field.
- Grey obsidian is useful for promoting thoughtfulness. Honesty is a wonderful Sagittarius characteristic, but grey obsidian helps you realise when speaking your mind might not be appropriate.
Tip for Using Obsidian: During meditation, place the appropriate colour crystal on the associated Chakra. This will promote a deeper practice while activating the Chakra.
5. Turquoise (Stone of Communication)
Colour: Green, Blue
Origin: Mexico, China, Peru, Tibet, Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Arabia, Argentina
Turquoise is a lucky Sun stone for Sagittarius and a stone for the month of December.
Sagittarians like to lead and aren't afraid to be different. They dream big! This requires quick thinking, independent thought and decisiveness.
But when their Chakras are out of alignment, Sagittarians can sometimes appear self-absorbed and vain. This can harm relationships and reduce the chance of success in any collaborative project.
Turquoise, as a Stone of Purification, rebalances and aligns the Chakras with the auric field. This balances selfish or impulsive traits with your empathetic self.
6. Moonstone (Stone of New Beginnings)
Colour: White, Cream, Yellow Milky Sheen
Origin: Sri Lanka, India, Australia
Moonstone is a lovely gemstone for Sagittarius. With its feminine energy and lunar connection, it helps you to flow with life's ever-changing rhythms. This makes it a perfect crystal when facing an important life decision.
Its serene energy also teaches you to be aware of your unconscious mind. As Sagittarians love self-exploration, moonstone helps to release your creative talents.
Sagittarians are always ready to start something new. The Stone of New Beginnings will stimulate your imagination and stabilise your emotions. With its nurturing energy, it’ll also encourage inner harmony and unselfishness.
7. Wulfenite (Stone of Transformation and Originality)
Colour: Yellow, Orange, Green, Grey, White, Brown, Clear
Chakra: Heart, Sacral, Solar Plexus
Origin: Mexico, USA
Sagittarians are big-hearted and generous, who will go out of their way to help. But at times this kindness may be taken advantage of by others. Wulfenite, as a birthstone and Moon in Sagittarius crystal, will help you to make the right judgement.
Also, as a Stone of Transformation, wulfenite supports creativity and stimulates inspiration. It helps you realise that setbacks are there to guide you towards spiritual development.
Tip for Using Wulfenite: Wulfenite is a brittle stone, so it’s not ideal to use in jewellery. However, it’s amazing to hold during a meditation. Focus on your intention to complete your targets for the day, and then place it near your work space.
8. Rhyolite (The Rainforest Stone, Stone of Resolution)
Colour: White, Green, Grey, Red, Pink in Unique Patterns
Origin: USA, Mexico, Australia
Rhyolite is a beautiful crystal for the Sagittarius soul. Being a Sagittarius birthstone, as well as a crystal for Moon in Sagittarius, it inspires change and progress. Through strengthening the mind and body, rhyolite also ensures that the transition is gentle rather than forced.
Past-life healing is another strength of this crystal. By bringing teaching forward to the present time, you can release old emotional wounding and boost your self-esteem.
The earthy energy of rhyolite also promotes creativity. It'll help you to maintain a positive approach, so you can focus on your strengths and personal goals.
Note: This crystal is also known as rainforest rhyolite, rainforest jasper or Australian rainforest jasper.
Tip for Using Rhyolite: As rhyolite is useful for past-life healing, place a piece on your forehead during a past-life session.
BONUS CRYSTAL - Spinel (Stone of New Hope and Immortality)
Spinel is an energy renewing Sun stone for Sagittarius. Each colour relates to different Chakras, giving you the whole spectrum to work with.
For example, red spinel stirs the Kundalini energy upwards. This brings revitalising energy to where it’s most needed. Brown spinel is great for cleansing your aura and grounding energy through the Root Chakra.
By enhancing all your positive characteristics, you’ll gain a boost on a physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level.
This is an adaptable gemstone to use in jewellery. Choose the colour that resonates with the specific Chakra you wish to focus on.
Other Tips for Using Sagittarius Gemstones and Crystals
The crystals in this article are wonderful for enhancing Sagittarian qualities, while reducing the intensity of less desirable traits. Here are some of the ways you can use crystals for Sagittarius:
- Place crystals aligned to Sagittarius around your home or office. This will help to focus your intentions and creativity as you remain close to their energies. Lapis Lazuli is lovely in a bathroom to induce relaxation. Spinel placed around your home will encourage lasting relationships.
- Crystal elixirs are a great way to stay hydrated while absorbing the energy of Sagittarius crystals. Not all crystals are suitable for elixirs.
- Crystal singing bowls can energise the auric field and balance the Chakras. A crystal singing bowl with the frequency of G# (Throat Chakra) resonates with Sagittarius.
- The Sacral Chakra is associated with Sagittarius. Carry crystals such as flame agate, citrine and golden yellow topaz in your pockets. You can also wear them on your belt. This will keep their energies close to this energy centre.
- As Sagittarius is a fire sign, candles are a wonderful focus during your meditation. You can also place Sagittarius crystals in a grid around you before starting.
Which Angels are Associated With Sagittarius?
The Angels I most associate with Sagittarius are:
- Archangel Raguel - This Angel for Sagittarius is known as the sociable peacekeeper. When relationship troubles lead to emotional turmoil, invoke this ‘Friend of God.’ Aquamarine resonates with this Archangel.
- Archangel Zadkiel - Zadkiel is the ruler to Jupiter, which is the Sagittarius ruling planet. He improves physic skills as well as imbuing you with integrity and success. I use lapis lazuli or sodalite (or any dark blue crystal) when invoking this Angel.
- Guardian Angel Adnachiel - This is the Angel ruler of Sagittarius and the month of November. He is an Angel of truth and brings spiritual knowledge. I invoke Him when I want to expand my personal horizons or to think independently. Use crystals like lapis lazuli or chrysocolla when you invoke this Angel.
Summary & My Favourite Sagittarius Stone
As a Sagittarius, your qualities and characteristics are influenced by the Sun (birthstone), Moon, ascendant and ruling planet. Each of these resonate with different crystals.
The Sagittarius crystals above will help you to remain balanced, curious and inspired. They will enhance your positive aspects and reduce the less desirable ones.
My favourite crystal for Sagittarius is golden yellow topaz. I love its fun-loving energy that promotes friendships. As an energy amplifier, it also helps Sagittarians to take action and succeed.
About the Author: Mary Ancillette
Mary is a spiritual teacher, published author and therapist from the UK. She's passionate about helping others improve their lives through harnessing the power of crystals and spirituality.