In a world that’s obsessed with getting things “now,” it’s easy to become frustrated by delays. These nine crystals for patience can help you remain calm and grounded during difficult situations.
Impatience is a common emotion in our modern world. Whether you’re late because of a traffic jam, or aren’t progressing towards a goal as quickly as you’d like, it’s hard to remain patient.
Getting frustrated and angry never improves the situation though. By remaining calm and accepting that some things aren’t in your control, you can live a happier life that’s also more successful.
Crystal healing can help you rediscover your ability to be patient. The best crystals for patience make you less judgemental and rushed, so you can let go of anything outside your control. They also encourage you to enjoy the current moment.
Which are the Best Crystals and Stones for Patience?
Colour: Golden Brown, Yellow
Chakra: Sacral, Solar Plexus
Origin: Italy, Poland, UK, Russia, Germany, Romania, Dominican Republic, Sweden
Amber is a fossilised tree resin embedded with fauna, flora and other minerals. It has a strong connection with Earth, so it can stabilise emotions and promote patience.
As a cleanser of the Sacral Chakra, amber is particularly useful when you need patience during a creative pursuit. Whether you’re an artist, writer or training for a marathon, amber gives you the courage to trust the process.
Note: Genuine Baltic amber is claimed to be the most powerful.
Colour: Green, White
Howlite is a calming stone that teaches patience and self-control. If you're struggling with bad moods or relationship troubles, it’s one of the best stones for stabilising emotions.
Although howlite is a Heart Centred stone, it also has wonderful psychological effects. By remaining close to its soothing energy, you’ll develop more tolerance and compassion. This makes it a great patience stone if you often feel angry with others.
Tip for Using Howlite: If you need more patience with other road users when driving, keep howlite in your car.
3. Emerald (Stone of Successful Love and Infinite Patience)
Origin: Brazil, Egypt, Russia, Columbia, Africa, India, Zimbabwe
Emerald is the Stone of Infinite Patience and, as a Heart Centred crystal, brings loyalty and patience to relationships. This makes it a wonderful crystal when arguments are making you feel upset or unsettled.
Its energetic properties also empower you to treat others with compassion and unity of spirit. With patience and Heart-filled emotions, you can enjoy a more meaningful existence.
4. Dumortierite (Stone of Patience)
Colour: Blue, Grey
Chakra: Third Eye
Origin: Brazil, USA, Sri Lanka, Canada, France, Poland, Madagascar, Namibia
Dumortierite is one of my favourite crystals for patience. It encourages you to persevere when working towards a long-term goal, while also infusing you with a quiet confidence in your eventual success.
While these attributes can benefit many areas of life, they can be especially useful if you feel undervalued at work. It’s often hard to maintain work standards when it feels like no-one notices, but dumortierite teaches you to be both self-motivated and assertive.
5. Blue Lace Agate (Stone of Articulation)
Colour: Pale Blue
Origin: Morocco, Brazil, India, Czech Republic, USA
Blue lace agate is a calming crystal that teaches patience, kindness and wisdom. If you tend to act rashly when you feel impatient, blue lace agate is one of the best crystals to add to your collection.
It also encourages you to pause before responding in an argument. By giving yourself time to think about a response, you can promote harmony with others and avoid saying something you might regret.
6. Petrified Wood (Stone of Transformation)
Colour: Brown, Grey, Black
Origin: USA, Australia, Egypt, Argentina
Petrified wood is fossilised over many centuries. This unique method of formation gives it a strong grounding essence that teaches the value of patience.
As a Stone of Transformation, petrified wood also encourages you to believe in a new path you’ve chosen, rather than feeling impatient when you don’t get immediate results. True change takes time, so petrified wood promotes slow, steady growth.
Tip: If you want to learn more about grounding stones, read my guide to the best crystals for grounding.
7. Drusy Danburite
Colour: Pink, Yellow, White or Colourless
Origin: Czech Republic, USA, Russia, Myanmar, Japan, Switzerland, Mexico, Madagascar
Drusy danburite, which teaches the wisdom of patience, is a combination of danburite and a dusting of quartz.
Danburite is a beautiful crystal that emits the purest of vibrations. It connects with the Angelic Realms and is effective for releasing stubborn behaviours, such as impatience. Danburite is also great for relieving the stress and worry connected with change.
The fine coating of quartz amplifies danburite’s Heart Energy. This promotes universal love, which also brings patience and a clearer understanding of when you need to act.
8. Watermelon Tourmaline
Colour: Pink and Green
Origin: Brazil, Afghanistan, USA, Madagascar, Nigeria
Watermelon tourmaline links the Heart Chakra with the Higher Heart. It brings understanding to a situation, so you can respond with tact and diplomacy.
With its tender and loving healing energy, watermelon tourmaline also promotes a patient nature. This is so important when feeling stressed or overburdened by others.
9. Mookaite (Australian Jasper)
Colour: Yellow, Brown, Red
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Base
Origin: Kennedy Ranges of Western Australia
If you’re dealing with circumstances that need a lot of patience, mookaite will help you to remain calm and grounded.
One of the reasons we don't reach our goals is because we aren't prepared to wait for results. Mookaite will help you to stay on track, so you achieve the results you deserve. It can also soothe negative thoughts or emotions that often accompany setbacks.
BONUS CRYSTAL: Amethyst
Amethyst is one of the most spiritual stones and is great to use when meditating.
It has a calming effect that quietens the chatter in your head. This allows a peaceful flow to your meditation practice, which you can then bring into everyday life.
Amethyst is also thought to improve sleep quality. It’s impossible to be patient when you’re overtired, so try placing some near your bed if you have trouble sleeping.
Other tips for Using Crystals for Patience
Crystals have a unique frequency that resonates with your natural energy field. You can use them in a variety of ways when you want to develop patience:
- Mindfulness is a recognised practice for reducing impulsiveness. Programme your crystal of patience with the intention to remain mindful, then keep it with you throughout the day.
- Meditation, while holding a patience crystal, is an important daily practice for reducing impatience. Meditation will also help you to remain calm and in control when facing problems.
- Yoga is another practice that develops patience. Before starting your session, place crystals for patience at the top of your mat to remind you to slow down and enjoy the process.
- Visualisations are a fabulous tool for helping you manifest. However, you can sabotage the effect by becoming impatient or frustrated. Hold patience crystals during visualisations to reduce the chance of this happening.
- If you tend to get impatient when shopping or in queues, carry a crystal for patience in your pocket or bag. This will help you to remain less stressed and enjoy the day.
For more tips about crystal healing, click here to read my other guides.
Which Angels are Associated With Patience?
Angels can support your intention to develop more patience. The ones I most associate with patience are:
- Archangel Jophiel - This Angel’s name means ‘Beauty of God.’ He’s the Angel of Patience, Wisdom and Illumination. Use dark pink or yellow crystals, such as watermelon tourmaline, sunstone and citrine, when invoking Him.
- Guardian Angel Achaiah - This is the Angel of Patience and Nature. He is a wonderful Angel to invoke when you need patience and confidence to start a new project. Ruby and yellow crystals resonate well with Achaiah.
- Archangel Elerial - This Angel’s name means patience. I like to invoke Him when I need to slow down and stop rushing.
- Archangel Aratron - Archangel Aratron helps you to remain calm and patient. He is the Angel of Nature’s Magic and will encourage you to sit in nature and just be. Use Earth energy crystals when you invoke Him.
Patience is the ability to handle difficult situations and delays without getting anxious, frustrated or angry. This helps you achieve goals, develop stronger relationships, and improve your wellbeing.
The nine healing crystals in this article can all improve your patience. Use them during meditation and visualisations, or just keep them in a pocket throughout the day.
My favourite crystal for patience is amber. Its warm, sunny energy helps me to be objective rather than critical. I can then calmly make decisions without frustration or anger.
About the Author: Mary Ancillette
Mary is a spiritual teacher, published author and therapist from the UK. She's passionate about helping others improve their lives through harnessing the power of crystals and spirituality.