Do you want to enhance your Libra qualities? Or are negative Libra traits, such as indecision and laziness, holding you back? These nine crystals for Libras can help.
If you were born between September 23rd and October 22nd, you fall into the zodiac sign of Libra, the 7th sign of the zodiac. This star sign, with its love of balance, stands for justice and fairness in all things.
Most Libras are charming, diplomatic and, due to the ruler Venus, very romantic. This makes them a perfect partner and friend – but they don’t like confrontation! Some Libras also struggle to make decisions, which can hold back their personal and professional lives.
Crystal healing is a wonderful way to re-balance your Libra traits and enhance the positive aspects. Here are nine of my favourite crystals for Libras.
Which are the Best Stones, Gems and Crystals for Libras?
Colour: Colourless, White, Pink, Black, Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, Orange
Chakra: Heart, Throat, Crown
Origin: Brazil, Australia, Japan, USA, Peru, Mexico, Canada, UK, South America, Slovakia
Opal is the birthstone for Libra and the month of October. It also connects with the positive energies of Venus, which is Libra's ruling planet.
If you struggle to find balance in your life, opal is great for balancing the yin-yang. It has a positive energy, but also highlights character traits that need improvement. This crystal can also give you the confidence to make decisions - a common issue for Libras.
Additionally, opal responds well to feelings of love and passion. So, if you wish to explore your deepest feelings or inject happiness into a relationship, wear an opal over your Heart Chakra.
2. Blue Sapphire
Chakra: Third Eye, Throat
Origin: Afghanistan, India, China, Tanzania, Australia, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Czech Republic, Brazil
Blue sapphire is a powerful crystal for the month of September. It embodies the energies of wisdom, sincerity and balance.
As a Libra, you may sometimes struggle with self-discipline. Blue sapphire can help you focus on a task or habit without procrastinating, so you can move towards your goals.
It’s also a wonderful stone for improving relationships. Libras value loyalty and faithfulness, which are both enhanced by blue sapphire.
Tip for Using Blue Sapphire: If you wish to enhance loyalty in a romantic relationship, combine blue sapphire with rose quartz.
3. Rose Quartz (Stone of Unconditional Love)
Origin: USA, Japan, India, Brazil, Madagascar, South Africa, Argentina, Mexico
Rose quartz is the ascendant and moon stone for Libra. It’s the Stone of Unconditional Love that supports self-love, inner peace and relationships.
Libras often feel incomplete when not in a relationship. Many have an unspoken belief that they need a romantic partner to feel happy.
Through reinforcing your self-worth, rose quartz can inspire you to see the beauty in yourself. While relationships can be wonderful, self-love is the path to true happiness.
Along with encouraging self-love, rose quartz releases anger and resentment. It can also soothe arguments and even attract a new love into your life.
Tip for Using Rose Quartz: Place rose quartz in your bath and bedroom to enhance feelings of self-worth.
4. Bloodstone (Stone of Courage and Bravery)
Colour: Green with Flecks of Red
Chakra: Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart
Origin: Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Australia, India, Russia
Bloodstone is a wonderful crystal for Libra, due to its strong grounding properties.
As an air sign, Libras sometimes appear disinterested or unreliable. This often isn’t a fair reflection of their personality, but it’s true that some Libras struggle to stay in the moment.
Bloodstone’s grounding properties can reconnect you with Earth. This ensures you stay present and able to enjoy the current moment.
Through connecting to the Root Chakra, bloodstone can also encourage resilience when facing a difficult situation.
Chakra: Crown, Solar Plexus
Ametrine is a combination of amethyst and citrine. The high vibration of amethyst harmonises with the motivational energies of citrine, which inspires you to trust your gut instinct.
This is highly beneficial to Libras, who are often indecisive. Ametrine will help you to commit to a course of action.
This crystal also has a powerful energy that enhances mental and spiritual clarity. This will help you overcome prejudice or yin-yang imbalance.
6. Blue Lace Agate (Stone of Articulation)
Colour: Pale Blue
Origin: Morocco, Brazil, India, Czech Republic, USA
Blue lace agate is a soothing crystal that helps Librans remain calm when faced with chaos.
As a stone that restores balance to your mind, blue lace agate allows you to focus on your goals, without worrying about other people's opinions.
This Stone of Articulation can also improve your communication, by dissolving the urge to react with anger.
7. Lapis Lazuli (Stone of Friendship, Truth and Total Awareness)
Colour: Deep Blue
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Chile, Egypt, Middle East
Lapis lazuli is a wonderful crystal for Libras, as it symbolises power and freedom.
This crystal emanates a sense of serenity. If you tend to avoid confrontation, lapis lazuli will inspire you to voice your thoughts without escalating the situation.
As Libras don't like being alone, a network of positive relationships is essential. Lapis lazuli, as a Stone of Friendship, can strengthen existing relationships, whilst helping to develop new ones.
8. Peridot (Study Stone)
Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus
Origin: Brazil, USA, Egypt, Russia, Ireland, Sri Lank, Canary Islands, Afghanistan
Peridot is the traditional birthstone of September and an astrological sign of Libra.
Libras struggle to let go of past relationships. Peridot protects you from feeling guilty or regretting past mistakes, which are inevitable when relationships come to an end. This will also improve self-worth and help you appreciate both sides of an argument.
Additionally, peridot is known as The Release Stone. It helps combat laziness by breaking negative patterns and opening your mind to a higher level of awareness.
9. Amethyst (Stone of Spirituality, Peace and Meditation)
Colour: Purple to Lavender
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye
Origin: USA, Mexico, Canada, Russia, India, Sri Lanka, Britain, Brazil, Uruguay, Siberia, Africa
Amethyst is a calm, high vibrational moon stone for Libra.
Meditation is important for Librans, as it brings clarity and spiritual insights. Amethyst, as the Stone of Meditation, encourages inner reflection, whilst promoting emotional balance.
This teaches you to feel more certain of your beliefs. It also helps you to feel secure in your surroundings, allowing your gentle and easy-going nature to flourish.
Other Crystal Healing Tips for Libras
Healing crystals are a wonderful way to enhance Libran qualities. They also help to reduce the appearance of undesirable traits. Here are a few ways to use them:
- Sit with healing crystals aligned to Libra when you meditate. Crystals can deepen your practice, help you to stay calm, and improve your decision-making process.
- Libras love nature, so a walking meditation with a crystal is a great way to practice staying in the moment.
- Crystal singing bowls tuned to the frequency of F# (Heart Chakra) resonate beautifully with Librans.
- Wearing crystals in jewellery is a fabulous way to keep their energies within your auric field throughout the day. If you wish to improve self-worth, wear a rose quartz pendant over your heart. If you need to boost communication skills or wisdom, blue lace agate, blue sapphire or lapis lazuli make wonderful necklaces. Or you could carry your favourite Libra healing crystals in a pouch.
Which Angels are Associated With Libra?
The angels I like to invoke when using crystals for Libra are:
- Archangel Zuriel - This Angel, known as the Angel of Salvation and Harmony, jointly rules over the sign of Libra with Archangel Jophiel. Invoke Zuriel if you seek justice, want to gain balance, or feel something is missing in your life.
- Archangel Haniel - This Angel’s name means ‘Glory of God.’ I use coral, moonstone, rose quartz or kunzite when invoking Him. He is the Angel of Passion, Grace and Harmony and resonates on the emerald and magenta rays. As the ruling Angel for Venus, this is a lovely Angel for people born under the Libra birth sign.
- Archangel Ariel - Librans love of the outdoors makes this Angel of Nature perfect for grounding and clearing your mind. I use pale pink crystals, such as rose quartz, when invoking Ariel.
- Archangel Jophiel - This Angel of Patience, Wisdom and Illumination resonates with dark pink crystals such as pink tourmaline. He also links with sunstone and citrine. This Angel’s name means Beauty of God and compliments Libras love of beauty and harmony.
Summary and My Favourite Libra Stone
A Libra’s character is influenced by the Sun, Moon, Ruling Planet and Ascendant. Each brings a unique quality that resonates with different crystals.
By using Libra crystals, you can enhance your wonderful attributes, while reducing unwanted traits.
My favourite crystal for Libra is blue sapphire. It brings a powerful sense of sincerity and balance to relationships.
About the Author: Mary Ancillette
Mary is a spiritual teacher, published author and therapist from the UK. She's passionate about helping others improve their lives through harnessing the power of crystals and spirituality.