An imbalance in the Third Eye can cause you to feel judgemental, anxious and overwhelmed. Here are nine Third Eye Chakra stones to re-balance this important Energy Center.
The Third Eye Chakra (6th – Ajna) is the center for spiritual enlightenment and intuition. It’s also associated with the mind, intellect and wisdom.
Found in the middle of the forehead, this indigo or violet Energy Center provides a connection between the physical world and universal energy. It’s also linked to the pineal glands, pituitary glands, and central nervous system, which is why it’s known as the doorway to higher consciousness.
When the Third Eye Chakra is unbalanced or blocked, the world can seem less pleasant and vibrant. You may feel pessimistic or lose your sense of purpose. Third Eye blockages can also make it difficult to concentrate and even disrupt your sleep.
Crystal healing is one of the best ways to balance an under or overactive Third Eye. The nine crystals in this article are my favourites for this Energy Centre.
Which are the Best Third Eye Crystals and Gemstones?
1. Iolite (Stone of Exploration and the Muses)
Colour: Clear Blue to Deep Violet
Chakra: Third Eye, Crown
Origin: USA, Norway, Africa
Iolite is a powerful crystal for strengthening and balancing the Third Eye.
It’s one of the best crystals for re-balancing the male and female sides to your character. This brings inner harmony, so you can focus on spiritual development and higher consciousness.
The Third Eye is the doorway to your spiritual self. Iolite’s gentle energy stimulates this Chakra and awakens inner knowing. By raising consciousness, you’ll experience improved intuition and creative thought.
Having been revered over centuries, iolite can stimulate visions, clairvoyance and awareness when astral travelling. It’s favoured by Shamans as medicine to stimulate the imagination and, as a Stone of Exploration, can attract Angels to guide you.
Also, known as The Violet Stone, its energetic alignment with the Third Eye and Crown Chakra strengthens your aura
Note: Iolite is also known as cordierite.
Tip for Using Iolite: Keep iolite within your energy field as much as possible to stimulate your imagination.
2. Lapis Lazuli (Stone of Friendship, Truth and Total Awareness)
Colour: Deep Blue
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Afghanistan, Russia, USA, Chile, Egypt, Middle East
Lapis Lazuli is a majestic stone with connections to Ancient Egypt. It activates the Third Eye and expands intellectual ability, while also improving mental endurance.
The Third Eye is a mystical Chakra that imbues wisdom and truth. Lapis lazuli, as the Stone of Truth, resonates with this energy. By enhancing knowledge and encouraging honest communication, you’ll speak from a higher state of consciousness.
As well as expanding intelligence and honest communication, lapis lazuli will connect you with the dream state. It’s a visionary stone that helps to develop intuition and activates the psychic centres.
Lapis lazuli reveals inner truth and promotes self-awareness. It’s powerful and stirs the soul into recognising the importance of a clear perspective. If you often struggle with problem solving, lapis lazuli is a great stone to add to your collection.Buy Lapis Lazuli Wand
3. Amethyst (Stone of Spirituality, Contentment, Peace & Meditation)
Colour: Purple to Lavender
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye
Origin: USA, Mexico, Canada, Russia, India, Sri Lanka, Britain, Brazil, Uruguay, Siberia, Africa
Amethyst creates a doorway between the Crown Chakra, which is our connection to the Universe, and the Third Eye. By linking these two Chakras, the renewing energy of the Universe can flow freely through the Third Eye to other Chakras.
This is a high vibrational crystal that stimulates memory formation. It promotes emotional balance and is one of the most spiritual stones. This makes it ideal to use when meditating, as it encourages inner reflection.
Another benefit of amethyst is that it has a calming effect. This can improve your sleep quality, help you focus, and keep you motivated when taking on new challenges.
4. Fluorite (Stone of Discernment and Aptitude)
Colour: Rainbow of Colours
Chakra: Heart, Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Germany, Switzerland, Mexico, Norway, USA, Britain, China, Peru
The Third Eye is the centre for mental excellence. As fluorite is one of the best stones for mental focus, it’s closely linked with this Chakra. Fluorite also opens your mind to new ideas and viewpoints, whilst sharpening your thought processes.
Fluorite comes in a rainbow of colours. Each colour holds a specific energy that resonates with different aspects of the Third Eye. Some examples include:
- Blue fluorite assists spiritual awakening
- Purple fluorite stimulates the Third Eye
- Green fluorite enhances your intuition
Blockages in the Third Eye can cause distraction and creative blocks. Fluorite removes these blockages, so you can move forward with improved confidence and concentration.Buy Fluorite Wand
5. Sodalite (Harmonising Stone)
Colour: Blue with White Flecks
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Greenland, Brazil, Romania, France, Canada, India, Namibia
This amazing healing crystal contains all the power to activate the Third Eye. It has a mind-centred energy that stimulates creative ideas and clears mental confusion.
Known as The Students Stone or Writer’s Stone, sodalite is wonderful for enhancing focus and memory. It also quietens distracting thoughts and stimulates intelligence.
Sodalite’s vibration also strengthens intuition and the development of your psychic abilities. It has a calming energy that, when used during meditation, soothes fears and connects you to your higher self.
Tip for Using Sodalite: Place sodalite on your desk before a meeting to inspire new ideas and encourage an open-minded discussion.
6. Pietersite (Tempest Stone)
Colour: Blue, Black, Grey
Chakra: Third Eye, Solar Plexus, Sacral
Origin: China, South Africa, Namibia
Pietersite is a variation of tiger’s eye that’s believed to stimulate the pineal gland. It empowers you to reach your true spiritual potential, allowing higher consciousness and intuition to take over logical thought.
This powerful stone also unites the Third Eye with the Sacral Chakra and Solar Plexus. Once unified, these Chakras enhance intuition and show you how to bring spiritual awareness into everyday life.
Additionally, pietersite is associated with the storm element. This makes it a brilliant choice when you’re struggling with creativity or lacking determination.
Tip for Using Pietersite: Pietersite is a powerful crystal to use when exploring past lives. It also helps with releasing past life vows and promises.
7. Tanzanite (Stone of Magic)
Colour: Blue, Turquoise, Purple
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye, Throat, Heart
This Stone of Magic is a fabulous crystal for opening the Third Eye. It has a high vibration that facilitates deep meditative states and connection to the Akashic Records, which are both closely linked to the Third Eye.
Tanzanite is also known as a Stone of Transformation and is a valuable aid when developing psychic powers. It’ll bring insight and a higher perspective to all that goes on around you, so you can achieve your soul purpose.
One of the great things about Tanzanite is that it creates a link between the Third Eye, Throat Chakra, and Heart Chakra. This provides an uplifting energy that encourages you to embrace life, especially after suffering a loss.
Note: Tanzanite comes from a small area in Tanzania, which makes it one of the rarer gemstones. The darker the blue, the more expensive the stone.
8. Azurite (Stone of Heaven)
Chakra: Throat, Third Eye
Origin: Australia, Chile, Peru, Russia, USA
Azurite is a Third Eye activator. It’s excellent for providing spiritual guidance, due to its ability to stimulate the Ajna and raise consciousness. If you want to develop your psychic gifts, azurite is arguably the best Third Eye stone to choose.
Referred to as The Stone of Heaven, azurite opens you to Divine Guidance, which complements and extends your high principles. As a result, you’ll gain improved intuition and enhanced creativity.
It’s also a powerful meditation stone, helping to quieten your mind and internal chatter. Distractions and anxious feelings can make meditation frustrating, so keep azurite near you for a more productive session.
While it’s primarily aligned to the Third Eye, azurite also stimulates the Throat Chakra. By improving your communication skills, azurite helps you to express your psychic experiences and feelings.
Note: Azurite tends to fade if exposed to direct sunlight.Buy Azurite Crystal
9. Phenacite (Phenakite)
Chakra: Crown, Third Eye
Origin: Russia, USA, Madagascar, Brazil, Zimbabwe
Phenacite is one of the highest vibration crystals and is wonderful for stimulating the Third Eye.Its integrating energy also connects and stimulates the other Chakras, providing a host of benefits for spiritual development.
A good example is phenacite’s ability to improve your intuition and meditation. It also connects to higher consciousness, which opens you to inner journeying.
Phenacite enables contact with the Angels and Ascended Masters, making it a great stone for spiritual learning. Phenacite also has an innate ability to download information from the ‘spiritual library’ known as the Akashic Records. This will help you to focus on what is important in your life.
Due to its vibration and dynamic properties, the higher you raise your vibrations, the more you’ll resonate with phenacite’s energies.
Tip for Using Phenacite: As phenacite has a high vibration, keep yourself grounded by having hematite or black tourmaline near you when using it.
Other Tips for Using Third Eye Chakra Crystals and Stones
The nine crystals in this article are great for opening, balancing and activating the Ajna. Here are some tips for using them:
- Meditation is an important practice for opening and activating your Third Eye. Crystals can deepen your practice. Put a crystal on your brow or place a grid around you before you start.
- Crystal singing bowls with the frequency of A resonate beautifully with the Third Eye Chakra.
- Wear crystals for the Third Eye in jewellery to keep their energetic influence in your auric field throughout the day. Earrings and necklaces are perfect for keeping crystals near this Energy Centre.
- A crystal headband is particularly effective for holding a crystal over the Third Eye. You can also use copper headbands with a selection of crystal suited to the Third Eye for a more potent effect.
- I use affirmations like ‘I can see clearly,’ ‘I am calm,’ ‘I trust my intuition’ daily while holding a crystal. This will help you to remain connected to your Third Eye, which develops intuition and self-awareness.
- You’re most receptive to a crystal’s energetic resonance when asleep. Place one or two of the crystals in this article under your pillow or beside your bed. This will activate your Third Eye when you’re most open to new insights.
Which Angels Are Associated With the Third Eye?
Angels love to support us to become more balanced. I invoke Angels when I am cleansing, balancing or stimulating my Third Eye.
The Angels I associate with the Third Eye are:
- Archangel Raziel – Archangel Raziel’s name means ‘The Secret of God’ or ‘The Angel of Mysteries.’ Invoke Him when you wish to develop your spirituality and psychic gifts. He will also help you to open your Third Eye. As this Angel has a rainbow coloured aura, use clear quartz when you invoke Him.
- Archangel Zadkiel – Archangel Zadkiel improves clairvoyance and claircognizance. He is also the Angel for memory and mental study. When invoking Zadkiel for these Third Eye qualities, I use lapis lazuli, sodalite or any other dark blue crystal.
- Archangel Raphiel – Known as The Master Healer, Archangel Raphiel governs the Third Eye. He resonates on the green ray. Use malachite or emerald to invoke him to manifest your reality or strengthen your memory.
- Archangel Aratron – This Angel of Magic uses nature’s magic to help you develop your psychic skills. He’ll encourage you to sit in nature and just be. When invoking this Angel to assist with psychic growth, use violet crystals, such as iolite, or Earth energy crystals.
When your Third Eye is blocked or unbalanced, you may experience symptoms of anxiety. You might also lose trust in your intuition and ability to see the bigger picture.
The healing crystals and stones in this article are a fabulous way to unblock and stimulate the Ajna. This will enhance your concentration and focus. It’ll also improve psychic skills, as you connect with higher consciousness.
My favourite crystal for the Third Eye is iolite. Its rich colour penetrates the soul and helps interaction with higher consciousness.