If you find self-love and self-compassion difficult, this simple bath ritual is a wonderful way to reconnect with your true essence.
People often think self-love means buying treats or having a pamper session. There’s nothing wrong with this, of course, but it’s a superficial form of self-love.
It’s more important to reconnect with your core essence, as this is the root of true self-love. Doing so boosts compassion, wellbeing and happiness.
The “Self-Love Bath Ritual” is a great way to combine both the pleasure of pampering with truly awakening self-love. It cleanses your aura and raises awareness through all of your senses, moving you into a higher vibrational state. Here’s how to do it!
Tip: Crystal healing can also be a wonderful way to improve self-love. To learn more, click here to view my list of self-love healing crystals.
Items Needed for Your Self-Love Bath Ritual
- Sage or Palo Santo for cleansing your crystals and bathroom
- Crystals (use a selection from this article)
- Epsom Salts and Pink Himalyan Sea Salt for physical and energetic detox
- Candles for soft lighting
- Dried flowers and herbs, such as rose petals, dried lavender, jasmine, dried chamomile, calendula, violet leaf, red clover or any others that you are drawn to (optional)
- Heart-centred essential oils, such as rose, rosemary, jasmine and bergamot
- Relaxing music
- Drinking water (I use a rose quartz or amethyst elixir for this)
- Clean towel (I like to use a white towel or robe to wrap myself in afterwards)
- Book (optional)
How to Perform the Self-Love Bath Ritual
This is a simple ritual, but the preparation stages are just as important as the bath itself – and these can start days ahead. Don’t rush any of the steps, as the ritual will surround you with a healing energy of self-love long before you get into the bath.
The most important thing is to make sure you won’t be disturbed when you start the bath ritual. Switch all phones onto silent, put devices in another room, and avoid wearing a smartwatch with notifications. Even hearing a notification in a different room can instantly take your focus away from the current moment.
Keep in mind that the process below is how I prefer to perform this ritual, but you can adapt it to your own needs.
Before the Day
It’s important to get everything ready before the day of the bath ritual. This ensures you can focus on self-love and relaxation – not worrying about finding your essential oils or crystals.
- Gather everything you need, including crystals, salts, essential oils and candles.
- Set a precise time and date for taking the self-love bath. This is a vital step, as it allows you to set an intention of self-love in the days and hours leading up to the bath.
- Clear your calendar so you won’t be disturbed for at least half-an-hour. If you live with other people, let them know that you shouldn’t be disturbed in advance.
On the Day
There are a few additional preparation steps on the day of the bath.
In the morning, steep the flowers and herbs in boiling water for one hour. Strain and keep the floral water to use later. You can also prepare and chill a crystal elixir.
The next step is to cleanse the bathroom and crystals using clary sage or Palo Santo (for more information about cleansing crystals see my blog post How to Cleanse Healing Crystals). Make sure you waft smoke into all the corners or the room whilst holding the intention of self-love.
Once you’ve cleansed your crystals, hold them to your heart chakra. Inhale love, exhale negativity, and let go of all that doesn’t serve you. Do this several times until you can feel love flowing through you.
It’s also a good idea to select and prepare your music in advance. You don’t want to be fiddling with your phone or sound system once the ritual begins. Of course, you can also choose silence.
Preparing The Bath
Prepare a warm bath using the following recipe:
- Add 2 cups of epsom salts, 1 cup of pink Himalayan sea salt, and the flower water you made earlier.
- Sprinkle rose petals or buds, dried lavender, jasmine or dried chamomile into the bath. You can also add a few drops of essential oil.
- Place candles and crystals around the bathtub and bathroom. You can even burn incense.
- Invoke Angels, Goddesses and Deities of your choice. Archangel Haniel, Chamuel, Jophiel and Uriel can be wonderful for this ritual.
- Turn off all phones and other devices.
The Bath Ritual
As you step into the bath, keep the intention of self-love in your mind and heart. Take deep-releasing breaths and immerse yourself in the wonderful healing energies.
As you lay there, speak aloud your qualities and then briefly submerge your head to help absorb the energies. Don’t forget to sip your elixir!
Remain in the bath for as long as you wish. Keep your thoughts and intention on self-love and compassion, while soaking in the healing vibrations of this transformational ritual.
As you step out of the bath, remember that you love, care and feel deep compassion for yourself. Then take this wonderful feeling with you throughout the day.
I hope you find this self-love bath ritual beneficial. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments below. I also recommend reading my article about self-love crystals.